Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CBR600RR powered Warrior

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR600RR powered Warrior

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Reminds me of my old bike(see sig).....those are very fun.....man and are they addictive. You never want to get off the throttle......Mine was put in a little cleaner though, in my opinion......we had custom duel exhaust......4 carbs.....air ride suspension.....etc......
Im assuming you are just speaking of all the wires/airbox being "unclean". Its not "done" yet, I still need to make a cover for the airbox, and hide more of the wiring. All the exhaust in the pictures is temporary, I am almost done with it need to find some titanium fill rod first. Its sorta tough to make a fuel injected engine look good with all the bull that comes along with it, but it is well worth it in the reliability/power department.

It will look much much cleaner in the next set of new pictures I put up, I assure you that.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh sorry.......I guess I kinda overlooked that it wasn't done......didn't mean to critisize(sp?).....

Ours was carb'ed.....not injected.....we have 4 carbs, each with a seperate uni filter.....talk about a pain........

The exhaust is one thing I was talking about......I looks horrible.....glad it is not pernament.....get a nice shiney one!!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bradracer18
Oh sorry.......I guess I kinda overlooked that it wasn't done......didn't mean to critisize(sp?).....

Ours was carb'ed.....not injected.....we have 4 carbs, each with a seperate uni filter.....talk about a pain........

The exhaust is one thing I was talking about......I looks horrible.....glad it is not pernament.....get a nice shiney one!!!!
Cool, I was hoping you just thought that because it isnt done, I agree it looks pretty bad in the pictures I have up, I have it all torn back apart to paint everything...I want to get the entire exhaust Jet-Hot coated, but dont know if its in the budget right now. I wouldve rather made everything out of stainless, but stainless Ubends are about $32 each, and id need at least 3.

You have any pics of yours?

Old 10-14-2005, 12:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I might be able to find some this weekend......not sure though......

Make darn sure your suspension, tires, and steering is really good.......with that power/speed, you want to be able to control it

Old 10-14-2005, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

First I looked at the pictures and was like, eh.. its pretty cool.

Then I watched the video, that thing rocks man. Im VERY familiar with bikes, (had a few myself including a CBR600) but seeing a quad move out like that with the sound of a bike is something else.

Awesome.

Old 10-14-2005, 12:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice job.

You are a good welder! and everything looks pretty thought out. I myself and others are doing conversion on our DS's and thier is also a coulple a R1 Raptors on here.

Bigger.

Old 10-14-2005, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Nice job.

You are a good welder! and everything looks pretty thought out. I myself and others are doing conversion on our DS's and thier is also a coulple a R1 Raptors on here.

Bigger.
I dont think any bigger would do any good though....the added weight would be rough if you want to still jump it and turn it like I plan to....and its already got too much power for the traction provided. Maybe once I get some new tires it will be a little better, but i cant imagine it will ever hook on dirt/grass. On pavement with my bald Razrs it just spins off the line. The only tire that would really hook is a set of dune tires with a longass swingarm, but I dont want to go in straight lines all day.

Old 10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jonaddis84
Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Nice job.

Bigger.
I dont think any bigger would do any good though....the added weight would be rough if you want to still jump it and turn it like I plan to....and its already got too much power for the traction provided. Maybe once I get some new tires it will be a little better, but i cant imagine it will ever hook on dirt/grass. On pavement with my bald Razrs it just spins off the line. The only tire that would really hook is a set of dune tires with a longass swingarm, but I dont want to go in straight lines all day.

It seems like you are a little bit offended when anyone so much as mentions another machine similar to yours.

Such as: someone mentioning something about them seeing/previously owning a conversion that looked a little cleaner, or the fact
that people have quads with the mighty R1 motor in them. ps. the R1 weighs only 20 lbs more than the CBR600RR, so how much of that weight
translates to actual engine weight, who knows... but I doubt an R1 engine weighs significantly more than an 600RR motor!)

I agree with you on the fact that the power is kind of useless. Even putting a 600cc RR motor in there, I dont think its the type of power that is useful in a quad.. AT ALL.
I mean, you effectively turned a useful 6 speed powertrain into a 2 or 3 speed, because really... how often are you going to get it into 4th gear. (let alone 5th or 6th) NEVER.
The gears are spaced apart for streetbike duty, not quad duty. So yes, the sound is awesome, and first and maybe second gears are fun... but, after that its useless.

Anyways, thats my honest opinion of bike powered quads.

Now back to your tendency to get a little defensive when anyone mentions another machine... the truth is,
there will ALWAYS be a nicer, faster, better looking machine than yours. (and mine, and his, and his, and his)
The R1 powered raptors are indeed going to have much more power than yours, especially in the sand with paddles where one can put it down.

The AWESOME hayabusa powered DS that was on ebay a long time ago was absolutely perfectly and professionaly done.

Anyways, im done analyzing and ranting. Bottom line, enjoy your machine and enjoy the fact that you built it and there isnt another one exactly like it,
and enjoy showing it off... but ACCEPT that fact that there is always going to be something newer, bigger, or more exciting. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

[/useless rant]

Old 10-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

Stupid thought, but what IS, Mr350x, a great bike engine for a quad? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: yamaharaptor350
SICK!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
if you think thats sick check out this go-cart video

Quick Reply: CBR600RR powered Warrior