Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub

hey pal, you are the guy the asked how your 760 would do against a cub. It would get smoked. And no it is not like comparing a blaster to a yfz. Chances are you have more money into your 760 then the guy does on his banshee. Plus an extra 400cc's

smoked is a good word, and yes setup plays a key role, but lets try to stick to the subject...a cub will beat a 760 raptor. Very badly in fact (does that sound better).

but if you wanted to know the truth dont jump on a guy because he answered your question the way you didnt wanted it answered. He was just being honest

Old 10-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: AustinONeal
smoked huh what makes u think that i will get smokes, yeah i know what a banshee can do if highly modded theres not question about that, but theres going to be alot of things that come into play here if he gets all the other stuff needed to go along with the motor. dont matter how much hp a motor has if u dont got a clutch that will hold it then you just out of luck, thats why i went to a hinson 6 spring on mine.

but my yamaha guy might be trying to build him up to having somthing that he isnt, im going to call the guy who owns the banshee and ask him whats he building. also this guy what owns the banshee is building a alum. frame for it , i dont know about all that but what ever he wants to do. ill call hom later and ask what he has and get back on here and transfer my information i get from him to you all.

i would really like to know what im going to get "smoked" by when he gets him back

also Raptorowners when u say smoked in my mind thats like setting up a stock blaster VS a YFZ or somthing like that

Don't post questions if you don't want opinions and answers. Go cry about it a little more!

Old 10-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like another 4-poke owner in denial to me.........760, 727, DS700, it doens't matter. Two pistons are still better than one. And Beech is right, most likely the Banshee will have less money in it than the 760 will. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the Raptor will get "smoked" no matter how you define it. Maybe we should ask all the 4mils at Glamis if they got "smoked" by Jarhead's Craycraft LCC 730? How about the Banshee guys at Sicily, did they get "smoked" by Finishline's drag YFZ? There is no doubt that a cub makes solid HP but driver and chassis are at least an equal factor. The HP numbers aren't really that far apart any more, the big stroker Raptors are making some monster torque. If Austin is a good drag racer and sets up his chassis for whichever venue he races, I don't think "smoked" will be a factor.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ZillaRider02
Sounds like another 4-poke owner in denial to me.........760, 727, DS700, it doens't matter. Two pistons are still better than one. And Beech is right, most likely the Banshee will have less money in it than the 760 will. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
and 4 is better yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].....how bought "spanked like a wet noodel"???does that sound better?if the banshee is set up decent thats what will happen,i got over dumping big money in a single 4-stroke,my current set up makes around 150hp for less than a grand and that includes the price of the motor

Old 10-22-2005, 12:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

a 4mm cub in ubet's case will make in excess of 100hp and 60ft/lbs. Your 4-strokes will be on par as far as torque goes, but will be 20hp short of a cub. Take that into consideration plus the fact that a 2-stroke hp for hp will be faster. now there are always instances of a "drag" yfz against a cub in a stock state. then yes it will be closer. but all things equal the 4-stroke will be beat by multiple bikes.

7-10mm cubs are making 100+ on gas. and 120-130 on methanol. Dont really care what 4-stroke single you build it wont top those numbers and 90% of the time if the owner is some what knowledgable a raptor wont be close.

ive still yet to have any 4-stroke single beat my 2-stroke single, let alone any twin ive built or owned.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Send them to school beech!!!!!

Old 10-22-2005, 01:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

most likely the Banshee will have less money in it than the 760 will. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][/quote]

A lot less LOL but its still fun to have a bad ars thumper

Old 10-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol thumpers are cool to ride, but they arent much fun to watch.

i guess if everybody had as much money as sandbomber we could own a little bit of everything like he does. lol

Old 10-22-2005, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
a plus the fact that a 2-stroke hp for hp will be faster.
Just so I understand you correctly. Are you saying that a 2 stroke with an identical power curve to a 4 stroke ( hp for hp) is going to be faster??

Quick Reply: Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub