Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005 | 03:07 PM
Range Rover
Default Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub

im more of a fourstroke guy, but i have seen the stroker cubs and the raptor may be impressive but my money would be on the banshee with a 4 mill in cub cylinder hes going to be above a 400cc and if sombody spent all that money on a motor its going to be ported and going to have close to 100 horse no raptor unless turbo or nos is going to touch that.

Old 10-22-2005 | 03:10 PM
Range Rover

and if your talking about with motors like this you gotta be talking in the sand and with the right paddles traction isnt such an issue compared to dirt or on a track.

Old 10-22-2005 | 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

If you take to identical quads and put a 50hp 2 stroke engine in one and a 50hp 4 stroke in the other. The quad with the 2 stroke engine will be faster in a drag race. The reason being the quad with the 2 stroke engine will weigh less.. It will also rev faster, and that will allow the 2 stroke to reach its peak hp faster...

Old 10-22-2005 | 03:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
yea, you are right 14mins. those stock stroke stock bore 349cc banshees running 4.0's really need to run and hide from your 760cc raptors....lmfao i mean really. i guess that is the difference in how "we" race, and how you folks race.

now, i want to make it clear that i dont mean that in any disrespect. but out here there hasnt been a 4-stroke under a 4.2 ever. now im going to guess that the bikes you are talking about arent under 4.2 as well. If you say yes then show me a slip, otherwise i dont want to hear it.

my single runs 4.0's. It will run 3.8's when im finished with a new intake.

ive ridden a 7mm cub on gas in a completely stock chassis with nothing but a swingarm and it ran a 4.1 on the first and only pass. now the guys out there that run meth, and in a drag chassis are easily going to hit those numbers consistantly.

Rockey, yes a 2-stroke will be faster. why? A few reasons. A 2-stroke makes power everytime the ignition fires, whereas a 4-stroke takes two revolutions to make a powerstroke. Example for you: a 250r fires every 360 degrees. A raptor fires every 720 degrees. Also, a 2-stroke has less internal moving parts which lets the motor turn up quicker, meaning faster acceloration.

and bomber, ive seen your rides and your home on wheels. You arent foolin me bud! lol help a guy out, buy me a house lol

yeah I have to agree
My 7 mil cub ran 4.0's all day and an ocasional high 3.9 in an oem chassis..........and i don't think my cub will ever be crying in the den wishing it were a cheetah......i've had one of them as well.......IMO the small cheetahs don't run as well as the small cubs......get into the big bores and 10+ stroke.....that is a different story........
BTW I have a drag chassis being built right now......3.8's here I come........
Also...I was at sicily island with my shee.....i'm sure you saw it......I'm sure you also saw the +14 arm on it.....and the tires being blown off at the line.....not making any excuses......but I hadn't anticipated sicily island being real sand.......everyone else calls fine dirt sand.....so I wasn't set up properly.........no big deal.....i've been beaten before........and I'm sure it will happen many more times........

and just so you know.....the guy that won the 2 stroke class there was a STOCK cylinder 4mil.......as you saw it was NO slouch.....
that just shows you that set up means MUCH more than a big motor..........My bike makes around 40-45 more hp than his.......and so did several other banshees there.....I know for a fact that there was another 7 mil cub and a 10 mil cub there as well........bottom line is he hooked up off the line so he spanked our a$$es to the 300' mark.....
come the next race down there.......those 150- lb 450 pilots better have thier goggles on...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2005 | 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

looks like everybody agrees with me.

I win, you lose.

at this point you are just trying to discredit me because YOUR pride wont let you admit you're wrong. Its been fun. Next time try picking on a guy when his forte isnt horsepower.

maybe you and austin can get together and build a cub!

Old 10-22-2005 | 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

Is the question a 4mm cub Banshee against a 760 Craycraft Raptor in sand for 300' with stock frames (no major sections removed or replaced)?

Or, is the question a 7mm+ cub Banshee against 760 Craycraft Raptor in sand anywhere (flat or hill) with any frame?

I think #1 would be a good race with holeshot meaning a lot. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2005 | 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well i was referring to the little discussion me and rockey were having.

honestly though ubet, i know i could make a stock stroke cub run harder then any single 4-stroke on the track. not being cocky because i build both. But a well setup cub will run very impressive. Stroke only makes em faster lol

Old 10-22-2005 | 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

looks like everybody agrees with me.
I haven't seen anyone take your side that " a 2 stroke with an identical power curve to a 4 stroke ( hp for hp) is going to be faster"

That means with all else equal including weight. Any other backers on that statement???

Old 10-22-2005 | 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

I win, you lose.
If this is your idea of winning there is a city with very bright lights in the middle of the desert just waitng for you

Old 10-22-2005 | 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

at this point you are just trying to discredit me because YOUR pride wont let you admit you're wrong.
Wow thats very original. You almost come up with that all by yourself.

Quick Reply: Craycraft 760 V Banshee Cheeta Cub