Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

LOONEY TUNED YFZ450

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 02:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOONEY TUNED YFZ450

Contrary to others beliefs, dual exhaust is actually better than single exhaust. More flow = more power. The plus side is you get all the flow without the noise. The negative side is the added weight of two silencers. Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech swears by this set up. It performs as well as the Sparks, but most people don't use it because of the weight. As the sound police start invading each state, you will see more and more dual exhausts because of their benefits to power gain without deficit to high db's.

Old 12-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

are the duals available fot the rappy ? does anyone have any experience on how much performance is upgraded with duals as opposed to a single pipe mod
(AustinOneal on the forums) Has a set of barker Duals on he His rappy.. I think they were around $700.00

Old 12-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by: 505EX
Contrary to others beliefs, dual exhaust is actually better than single exhaust. More flow = more power. The plus side is you get all the flow without the noise. The negative side is the added weight of two silencers. Mickey Dunlap of Four Stroke Tech swears by this set up. It performs as well as the Sparks, but most people don't use it because of the weight. As the sound police start invading each state, you will see more and more dual exhausts because of their benefits to power gain without deficit to high db's.
505EX, just out of curiosity, how do you know Four Stroke Tech is really pushing a dual setup. From their advertisements it seems they are more in love with the Big Gun exhaust.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

good point

Old 12-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: buck183
Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: ATloVer
are the duals available fot the rappy ? does anyone have any experience on how much performance is upgraded with duals as opposed to a single pipe mod
Duals were out first for the rappy, and are pretty much cosmetic for a yfz. Duals provide less low and midrange power than most aftermarket single pipes on a stock bike and can also fall flat on top end because of the dramatic reduction in resistance. Its best to pair them with some internal modifications in order to outperform a single pipe.
As usual Maddog hit the nail on the head.

If these pipes are so great then how come NO one is running them. This topic has been discussed many times on here before and the final outcome is usually "this product sucks".

Having had the opportunity to go up against one or two LTE equipped YFZs myself with a simple HMF equipped bike I say save the money and spend it on the Lottery......it's better spent that way.

Buck
WHOA Buddy.
You need to back up a bit. You were right when said Maddog hit the nail on the head.
The pipes dont work all that well on an internally stock motor, BUT these pipes are GREAT on a modded motor.
My Rappy pulled 61 hp on the dyno on a stock bore and stoke piston using these pipes and the stock carbs. How can you say they suck? You dont have a clue man.
Now Im not saying that these pipes are suitable for his application but for you to come out and make a retarded statement like that only shows ignorance.
If you thing these pipes suck so bad, come on out and play in the sandbox this summer and I'll show just how bad they are.
Theres a few guys on this forum that got to see how bad they perform last year at Silver lake.
Ask them how much the LTEs suck.I know what your gonna say........ HEs asking about a YFZ, not a Rappy, right?
Well, I'll tell you what. The fastest YFZ ive ever seen was running a set of LTEs. I guess he must be an idiot too.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: quadbart
Originally posted by: buck183
Originally posted by: maddog56
Originally posted by: ATloVer
Duals were out first for the rappy, and are pretty much cosmetic for a yfz. Duals provide less low and midrange power than most aftermarket single pipes on a stock bike and can also fall flat on top end because of the dramatic reduction in resistance. Its best to pair them with some internal modifications in order to outperform a single pipe.
As usual Maddog hit the nail on the head.

If these pipes are so great then how come NO one is running them. This topic has been discussed many times on here before and the final outcome is usually "this product sucks".

Having had the opportunity to go up against one or two LTE equipped YFZs myself with a simple HMF equipped bike I say save the money and spend it on the Lottery......it's better spent that way.

Buck
WHOA Buddy.
You need to back up a bit. You were right when said Maddog hit the nail on the head.
The pipes dont work all that well on an internally stock motor, BUT these pipes are GREAT on a modded motor.
My Rappy pulled 61 hp on the dyno on a stock bore and stoke piston using these pipes and the stock carbs. How can you say they suck? You dont have a clue man.
Now Im not saying that these pipes are suitable for his application but for you to come out and make a retarded statement like that only shows ignorance.
If you thing these pipes suck so bad, come on out and play in the sandbox this summer and I'll show just how bad they are.
Theres a few guys on this forum that got to see how bad they perform last year at Silver lake.
Ask them how much the LTEs suck.I know what your gonna say........ HEs asking about a YFZ, not a Rappy, right?
Well, I'll tell you what. The fastest YFZ ive ever seen was running a set of LTEs. I guess he must be an idiot too.
Yes, we are talking about a YFZ. And ANY hillshooter YFZ that I've had the priveledge of seeing being first to the top did NOT have LTE on them. I've been around several hundred well built YFZs. Anyone that ran worth a crap did not have LTEs on them.

Take this to YFZtech.com and tell them how bad *** these pipes are. They will laugh you off the forum. These guys build these bikes everyday. Something tells me if they were so good all of them would be running them too.

I stand by my original statement. You will not see a fast YFZ running this exhaust.

Buck