Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2006 rAPTOR 700 ??

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 rAPTOR 700 ??

For those of you that own one, the new pipe on the 06 looks sweet, how does it sound stock?

Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: Shumway For those of you that own one, the new pipe on the 06 looks sweet, how does it sound stock?
It sounds like any other stock muffler, nothing special, a typical pea-shooter.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

everybody seems to be citing heresay about whether or not the machine compensates automatically for increased exhaust output and air intake.

Yet no one has any actual proof to back this up, ergo, has anyone actually put an aftermarket exhaust on it and had the machine run like crap? Has anyone purchased a "programmer" and used it with a new exhaust and intake to adjust the air/fuel mix? I'm curious to know. When the facts are presented, then we will know.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

Happarap and Raptorrandy have opened theirs up. Randy has the new controller, and Hap doesn't. One bike ran fine the other one almost melted down.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor 149, ive put intake and exhaust on mine, it didnt pull 4th well in the sand....I pulled the plug and it was snow white. Thats how I know the fuel mix is lean.

I installed a Power Commander yesterday, but have not taken a long ride to test as of yet. I drove it around the block to make sure it functioned.

To all, the issue about stock EFI making adjustments to compensate for air flow is known.....it does not. The issue about whether it was published or not is not of much relevance(except to the original poster that wanted to know about any bike flaws). It can and has been argued that its not so much of a flaw in the bike, as much as misrepresentation on the part of some dealers and magazines. Some people read it in a magazine, some people have not. Some people have had the dealer tell them the EFI will compensate, some have not.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:01 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Originally posted by: Raptor149 everybody seems to be citing heresay about whether or not the machine compensates automatically for increased exhaust output and air intake. Yet no one has any actual proof to back this up, ergo, has anyone actually put an aftermarket exhaust on it and had the machine run like crap? Has anyone purchased a "programmer" and used it with a new exhaust and intake to adjust the air/fuel mix? I'm curious to know. When the facts are presented, then we will know.
Hearsay? I think you need to pay alittle closer attention to what's posted. I have a GYTR gauze filter with prefilter, GYTR adapter and Phoenix Sparky, as I posted earlier, even with a GYTR filter, lid off or on, it doesn't matter, it's still extremely lean, prior to the mods, plug looked great, but as stated before, with just the GYTR Gauze Filter with lid on, white as can be. No hearsay, personal experience.

So for some readers out there:

If you take a stock 700R, install a GYTR adapter with gauze filter plus prerfilter, keep the lid on and this is the only mod you do, you will be too lean. Once again, this is from personal experience.

Old 10-31-2005, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

a guy had a 700 at the south canadian, and a week after he bought it the clutch went out...im thinking user error. my dad bought one a month ago and so far we have about 25 hours on it and no problems

Old 10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

at last. a couple testimonies. all the prior posts were just people arguing about whether you need an adjuster for the EFI or not with installation of an exhaust. no one really came out and said, "yes i put an exhaust on, and it ran like crap until I adjusted it."

thank you happarap and glamis700 for your posts.

now everyone else will know. all the literature and magazine tests have stated the EFI means riders will not need to make any adjustments, just simply bolt on the exhaust and remove the lid. well, good to know they're wrong.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

The new ATVSport cover story is a feature on the online information Suzuki has provided about the LT-R450. They also have an interview with Doug Gust, where he says according to the Suzuki Engineers, you can add an exhaust and remove the lid without making an adjustment to the EFI.

ATVScene also had a video interview with Gust about the LT-R450. Though I didn't listen to the entire thing, I'm curious to see if it is the same interview.

Also in the same edition, there is a quick profile on the aftermarket adjuster needed for the Raptor's EFI.

Old 01-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

With this being Yamahas first year releasing this bike, is anyone aware of any known issues/flaws yet ?
I have been having minor clutch problems, such as it not going into first gear from neutral. I have to let the clutch out to just before it grabs in order to get it into gear. I have also heard of overheating problems because the fan isn't coming on or working properly. Overall, my bike runs great though.

Quick Reply: 2006 rAPTOR 700 ??