Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor powersliding

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2000, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trade it for a banshee. Powersliding...all the time, never going straight and spinning wheels up to 4th. That's power, and not that weak raptor with weak A arms, weak axle, weak engine, not good for jumping...just kidding (I just read the "bad raptor review" hehe poor little guy.)
Seriously, can't get powersliding enough...you're not WIDE OPEN.

Old 11-01-2000, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

Leave the powersliding to the 2-stroke.. 4stroke is more dependable and an overall better machine but the 2stroke has the ummmph..

Old 11-01-2000, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider

An overall better machine? What do you want to do on a sport machine? I personally want to rip, powerslide, and generally have fun shooting dirt.But if you prefer mellow power,have fun.?

Old 11-01-2000, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

Weibz,
You are an irritating little boy. I wasn't bashing your precious Raptor, The fact is that it is narrower and carries it's weight higher. It is heavier compared to everything but the DS, and if you have never slung a leg over a 250R then you don't know what great handling is all about.
The last time you pulled this crap with me, and I responded to you, you got afraid that I was going to be knocking on your door for a physical confrontation. You actually E-mailed me on the quiet,like a little bitch, to make sure that I wasn't going to hit you in the mouth that you keep running off at.
I will be going to FT. Knox, Kentucky to attend scout ANCOC. My parents live in Erie, PA, and I will be visiting them several times. If you care to say these things to my face, and you are at least 18 years old, let me know. I will be more than happy to treat you like a real man. I know you live at home with your little brother and the extent of your riding skills are running alongside rail road tracks. Real challanging. It will only take a few minutes out of your day.
Let me know when school is over for you.

Old 11-02-2000, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Put razors on it and geat it down and you'll be happy! The stock radials I run in the mud and I will use them for the snow when it snows because they do offer exc traction and side bite. Razors will enable you to slide around if you put the stock radials on anything but a banshee it will be harder for the machine to slide around.

Old 11-05-2000, 06:35 PM
Pro Rider

i tried a set of itp wheels and xct tires on my raptor.they work great on my warrior but the added heigh made my raptor handle bad.it was way to top heavy.i also need a tire with good puncture resistance and am considering itp xc but after looking they only come in a 22 inch front tire witch is a inch taller than stock,and a 20 inch rear(same as stock) i dont know if this would affect handeling?i wish they built a 21" front tire.

Old 11-08-2000, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

Zoinks, you just need to learn how to ride a fourwheeler. I could probably power slide better than you on a battery operated quad.

Old 11-08-2000, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Blasterpower, Whats up with posting something like that? That in no way helps out and if you were reading the post you would find out that many other raptor riders say the same thing and are encouraging others to get razors or holeshots and it changes the way the raptor rides. Thanks for the response and establishing your reputation as a poster on this board.(no answers so lets bash em) lmao

Old 11-09-2000, 11:20 AM
Trailblazer

i sometimes look to this forum for advice and educated views from others with the same basic setup as mine. so that i don't have to experience as much trial and error. but it seems that every menber with blaster in thier user name has a smarta$$ comment on every post other than the blaster is the greatest quad of all time. i own a 310r, a banshee, a raptor, a trx 350x, and a '96 yz250 if i can possibly help someone with my experience with one of these machines i gladly will. all of my bikes are paid for, and just because i have them does not mean i have the money to send on performance parts that don't work. honestly the raptor does not feel that fast when you're on it but when i get back on my r i realize that the raptor is pretty strong. the raptor does have a cornering problem which is caused by the high center of gravity and the soft shock valving in the front. zero preload shocks front and rear with a plus 2" axle is the best cure for this problem but the proper tire setup will help until $1500.00 is availible for the shocks and axle. i assure you that a stock raptor will smoke a piped banshee on anything but pavement and sand w/paddles, regaurdless of which tires you have on the banshee. as a side note i tried to order 6-ply 20" razors and a 12 tooth sporket from rockey mt. yesterday and they are on back order. maybe we can form a new forum for blaster users to bicker on, and only allow them to read the other forums and not post on them!!!!!!!!!!!