Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need advice on tough banshee pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2000, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK.
I'll need some experience from the guys that ride hard caus I'm tired of breaking my pipes or pipes barckets on my 98 banshee.
I broke the first bracket of the silencer for the stock pipes (the first bracket is the one hidden behind the plastic) on both sides.
So I changed my pipes (I already had them... didn't buy them because I broke a bracket), and put on the noisy ones. We went riding today, found a real nice jumping place...not very far, but quite high (my pal told me 6-7 feet high)..landing was a bit tough...bottoming hard each time, even in the slight downhill, ad I broke the silencer of my "whatsoever" pipes. I just broke, bing. I toughed for 8 jumps before breaking.
So here's my question. What are the toughest pipes for a banshee? I'm p**** off at breaking my pipes each ride...and it's just gonna be worse and worse because I'm still learning how to ride this machine (and man do I love it!!!!!!), riding each time faster, harder...
So, from the MX experience you guys have (or tough riding), what are the best pipes (tough, powerful, spark arrested, but that sound good)?

Thanks

Old 10-29-2000, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Very nice jumps indeed Zorro!
(wait till I get the Works struts...LOL)

Just bringing your topic back to the top...

Old 10-30-2000, 11:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

From what I read, FMF's gnarly pipe is supposed to be tough.

Old 10-30-2000, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Any Quality pipe such as PC, Duncan, FMF, LRD, CT, will all be just as durable as the other. JUST MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT THEM CORRECTLY, and lern to ride!

Old 10-30-2000, 03:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Was it the actual bracket for eh pipes, or the rubber between the 2 metal peices? If it isjust the rubber, put a botl through the hole and call it good. Ive never seen pipes break in other places..

RoostKing...

Old 10-30-2000, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Old 10-30-2000, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I think you mistyped...you want me to teach you how to ride...right? If you can keep the pace, watch and learn, pupil!

Old 10-30-2000, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Nonononono.
hem. Well. I'm gonna name all the brackets from the cyl to the end, and tell you which one are broken.
the first things to hold the pipe are the springs, they're OK, then the big metal/rubber brackets, then switch from pipe to silencer (with that little transition part for stock pipes), then the brackets on the frame (it's part of the frame, they're hidden by the plastic) these are broken, then the next ones, the thread is f****, and the final ones are more or less OK.

However, I'll reinforce the broken ones, put helicoils where the tread is out of order, and I hoe it'll be OK.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Zorro my freind... no matter what pipes you choose, just don't forget a good set of bungee cords...just in case!

Brian

Long live adrenalin...
trying to follow Zorro that is!

Old 10-31-2000, 02:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ahhh come on I smoked a Polarass Scrambut 400 all hyped up by HPD on a nice logging road. And even BETTER I have to do my top end because of low compression. So just watch my dually exhaust Scrambut AND JUST DREAM OF THE SPEED OF THE BANSHEE Plus I have yet seen a Scrambut Jump over a foot off the ground 550 Pounder and watch your trainy don't crack it when going threw some Mud

Quick Reply: Need advice on tough banshee pipes