Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 660 vs YFZ450

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 660 vs YFZ450

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Hey Dream, sorry dude but that YFZ will beat you. TRXeater huh..? (wish there was a rolling eyes face) Dream, if you want your Rappy to walk away from him throw a good pipe on it, intake and some jets. That really wakes the Rappy's up.
But not enough to defeat the ULTIMATE YAMAHA YFZ450!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2005, 04:03 AM
Pro Rider

i know that on the track there is no chance of beating him, unless his ability to ride is very low, but there is no way that his blaster can take my raptor round a track is there?

Old 11-06-2005, 07:17 AM
Trailblazer

hey dream, what year is the 450, stock for stock the 450 has better acceleration im sorry to say, ive got d rappy too so im not jus trying to praise the 450, put the very same mods on your rappy and it will be sure to win (considering you have the same riding abilities like you said), the rappy responds better if not the best to mods so i would definately wait til you mod your bike, if its a serious race and you really wanna prove that the rappy is better put the very same mods on it so both bikes are running the same and you can change your name to "YFZeater" haha

Old 11-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a bonestock 660r and i brought it on done to Augusta Georgia where there were 4 tracks a dragstrip and lil over 8000 acres to ride on, first thing i did was call a guy with a black/yellow yfz and later found out he had cams and other internals, but i ran him and pulled past him in fourth, i dont see wut the big deal is on those yfzs, ive raced a couple times on ash roads and mine jus runs and leaves it in fourth and thats keepin up with it through the gears. Everyone that has a yfz thinks they are allmighty because u have one and u think that u can beat everyone. Come down to Ga some time and ill run each n every yfz there is. Im tired of ppl dissen on the rap.

Old 11-06-2005, 01:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a new 450
I'm really not all that impressed. I ws constanly looking for another gear and I already have 22" tires on it.
I honestly feel my stock motored '91 Banshee is faster. (overall) 450 is better out of the whole , the banshee will definitly run away in the open desert though.

Maybe it's not broken in yet , Maybe I'm not used to riding a 4-stroke .

I'll tell you this , last weekend I was out at Ocatillo Wells and I traded bikes with my buddy's '04 660 (with a WhiteBros pipe and Holeshots)
Wow ! what a torque monster, I felt like that thing was going to rip the arms out of my sockets.

The 450 definitly handles better than the Banshee or Raptor though. I'm still getting used to it...great bike.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MarkFiddling
Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Hey Dream, sorry dude but that YFZ will beat you. TRXeater huh..? (wish there was a rolling eyes face) Dream, if you want your Rappy to walk away from him throw a good pipe on it, intake and some jets. That really wakes the Rappy's up.
But not enough to defeat the ULTIMATE YAMAHA YFZ450!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
Stop it Mark you have no experience with either of these bikes!

If the two bikes are new, same year(the 700R is faster then the 660R), and stock the Raptor should pass the YFZ at top speed in fifth gear. Currently the way the two machines are described the YFZ should win hands down. If both bikes get the same type of mods (equal dollars) the raptor should win top speed. The YFZ is a rocket and will probably win most short races almost all the time based off of rider experience also. But in a 300 + yards the Rap should win. The MX race is skill and suspension, watch that stock raptor in the turns.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TRXEATER
Im hs mate wid yfz, i got a-arms, axle and lot lol, im gonna meet him at a race track to prove im wrong, he just not accept the yfz is quicker all power ranges, i think i wud beat im in mi blaster aswell somee reason. i can fly on blaster and chuck it about which he cant do, so what you fink?
not trying to be cocky or one of those aholes about stupid things but seriously just reading through your msg and fixing a few typos really could help out. I had to read it three times to make sense of it.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: CTATV
Originally posted by: TRXEATER
Im hs mate wid yfz, i got a-arms, axle and lot lol, im gonna meet him at a race track to prove im wrong, he just not accept the yfz is quicker all power ranges, i think i wud beat im in mi blaster aswell somee reason. i can fly on blaster and chuck it about which he cant do, so what you fink?
not trying to be cocky or one of those aholes about stupid things but seriously just reading through your msg and fixing a few typos really could help out. I had to read it three times to make sense of it.
Ok m8, sorry, was just rushing a bit, i'll type in full words now,
Sam.

Old 11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RappyRider700
I have a bonestock 660r and i brought it on done to Augusta Georgia where there were 4 tracks a dragstrip and lil over 8000 acres to ride on, first thing i did was call a guy with a black/yellow yfz and later found out he had cams and other internals, but i ran him and pulled past him in fourth, i dont see wut the big deal is on those yfzs, ive raced a couple times on ash roads and mine jus runs and leaves it in fourth and thats keepin up with it through the gears. Everyone that has a yfz thinks they are allmighty because u have one and u think that u can beat everyone. Come down to Ga some time and ill run each n every yfz there is. Im tired of ppl dissen on the rap.

i was thinking it would be the same way with me and sam in our up and coming race.