Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats faster honda rubicon vs. grizzly 660

how old are you?

Old 11-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

Dude go to the Yamaha shop and get all the info you want.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

judging by his posts,he's a lil kid,and a Grizz may be a lil too much bike for him anyway

also,if your not old enough to do your own maintenance,than your more than likely not old enough to handle a Grizz,unless it one of the smaller ones

Old 11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
2TV
Pro Rider

Yes Hoo, put a first class rider on both and the Grizzly will always have the advantage, but with average riders and average to tight trails, there's not much difference. For instance, I usually run with a Rubi and a Prairie 650 when I routinely rode my Grizz on the trails. I could run away from both, but I have the most experience between the three of us. However the Rubi could put some distance on the P-650 (not that the P-650 pilot is a bad rider, he's just slowed down a little with age), yet the P-650 has the best handling characteristics (and the most power) between all three machines, so it basically comes down to who's riding them.

A lot pf people have complained about the Grizzly's handling characteristics, but once you get used to them (and if you put the right wheel / tire combinations on them) they can do very well in the woods.

As for needing a lot of maintenance, it depends on the environment it's ridden in and how you treat it. All machines need routine cleaning and maintenance to keep them in top condition. My grizzly for one, (I've had it since July of 2001) has been a very reliable machine.

One thing that really stands out between the two machines when used aggressively on rough trails is comfort. The Grizzly has IRS, a lot more suspension travel and a softer seat. All of that adds up to a more comfortable ride than what the Rubicon offers. That can make a big difference at the end of a long day on the trails...

Old 11-29-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

well put

Old 11-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Trailblazer

Your rider skills or weight might have some effect to swinging the rear arround, but dont expect that the Grizz can whip the tail around like a solid axle bike. My weight 190 and skills are begginer excelled and I ride suicide. I have a solid axle Twister cart and know how to tail kick it. My grizz dont tail kick hardly at all unless I'm on lose gravel and simi body lift into it and leaning forward thats with some trail speed. Not at a halt or slow creep. It happens on faster trail riding more so. The Grizz's nature is to grip and track best and that is why it is so successful at going through what other bikes dont have the edge on.

I rode with a group and the guy riding the Rubicon was a big tall guy and he rode like a bat out of hell with us. He kept up just fine as trail riding isn't at top speeds. He didn't have the ground clearence we Grizz's had and dragged it alot.

Once I saw him abusing the Honda I have more respect for that bike but the Grizz is still a better bike in my opinion and I'm still happy with owner satifaction.

Aaron