Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly

Dang, I hope nobody has fallen victim to this guy. I've seen these on ebay the last few days too. He uses the same pictures alot. I think he's pirating the pictures from a legitimate atv ebayer.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Im askin him if it still has the stock powerband in it or if it is aftermarket....lol

Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider

Says "free shipping". Tell him you live within driving distance, and you will pick it up yourself. Or even that you will pay when you pick it up.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:01 PM
Range Rover

he hasnt replied....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but someone ask if it has wheels or if its eatable...and/or if he is interested in 6'4 540 lbs sumo wrestlers ...lmao for a trade

Old 12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Just keep at it! I e-mailed one of these guys and got this response:

Sorry for delay,

The quad condition is great,No damage,no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, and it is as advertised.The quad is an US model with US specs,it passed the test emissions and comes with all the documents you need to register the quad.It has a Clear Title and it is in Showroom Condition.The title will be signed and nothorized in your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
The final price that i want for the quad is $2900 ( including shipping and handling ).I am located in Anchorage AK and i will ship the quad from here,i will pay for the shipping and handling.
From the beginig you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay,I prefer the payment to be hold by a third party and only after you receive the quad, the payment has to be released to me.

Let me know!
I Responded:

Wow! Your in Anchorage AK , what a coincidence. So am I. I live in the lower 48, but I'm up here visiting my brother for a while. How about I come over and see the quad. We can work big deal. You get cash... I get quad.
To which he responded with:

Hello,

It;s fine with me.Let me know when you can come and i will provide you my address.

thanks!
Anybody on this board close to Anchorage that can call this a-holes bluff? I know if I tell him I'm coming tomorrow he'll just give be some bogus address.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Range Rover

wow he may not be bluffing...but prob is...you should go kick some @$$ ...then take the fourwheeler lol

Old 12-07-2005, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

Sorry for delay,

The quad condition is great,No damage,no scratches or dents, no hidden defects, and it is as advertised.The quad is an US model with US specs,it passed the test emissions and comes with all the documents you need to register the quad.It has a Clear Title and it is in Showroom Condition.The title will be signed and nothorized in your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
The final price that i want for the quad is $2900 ( including shipping and handling ).I am located in Anchorage AK and i will ship the quad from here,i will pay for the shipping and handling.
From the beginig you have to know that for the payment I request ONLY secure pay,I prefer the payment to be hold by a third party and only after you receive the quad, the payment has to be released to me.

Let me know!

he said the same thing to me ...???

Old 12-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Man, there has to be somebody near there that can call his bluff!

Old 12-07-2005, 10:17 PM
Range Rover

here is my reply to his msg

thank you for your time, but if you dont mind me asking ,why selling so cheap when you could easily get 4500 out of it and im not saying you are a scammer but with such a low price it does enter our mind.but that is just a thought because ive seen so many scams its hard to tell ya know? if you do not mind i would like to come and test drive the quad before i purchace the quad. oh and this is my first quad and im not sure what to get im about 6'3 250 lbs ,ive never rode a quad before and just wondering if it could pull me around pretty good

Old 12-07-2005, 10:20 PM
Range Rover

someone wet there panties hehehe im really like 5'8 130 lbs lol but who cares.....my dad was second in the state for wrestling lol he'll show em

Quick Reply: Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly