Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly

Good reponse. Stayafter this guy. He's slippery. We'll never pin him, but maybe we can force him to get fed up with the whole thing and go find a new hobby.

My exchenges with him after me telling him I wanted to come see it have gone as follows:

He said:

Hello,

It;s fine with me.Let me know when you can come and i will provide you my address.

thanks!
I said:

How about tomorrow, say about noon. But before we do this, can you take a picture of the VIN number and send it to me tonight. I need this before we go any farther.

I really want this quad!
He responded:

Hello,

The quad is allready crated and prepared for shipping and i don't have other pictures,but if you can come tomorrow and you can see it yourself.

Let me know!
Me:

OK, then just take a picture of the title. It will have the VIN number on it.
He says:

Ok,

I will scan it and i will mail it to you in a couple of hours.

thanks!
Then just for fun I say:

Hey... what happened.

I just went out to e-bay cause I wanted to see the pictures of this awesome quad I'm going to be getting from you, and your E-bay auction has been removed. What's up with that?
I haven't heard back from him.

BTW... for those of you who missed it, his e-mail is hafirt190@yahoo.com and he's supposedly has a 2003 Grizzly he's selling. The E-Bay title was item #4595425021 - 2003 Yamaha 660 Grizzly ATV. Feel free to bombard this guy.

Old 12-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay I got a response from "scumbag3"

"Hello, sorry for the delay, my computer has been down and I was not able to check my email earlier.
First I must tell you that for the moment this auction is only a buy it now auction. I prefer to restrict the bidding for my item because I have had multiple problems with unserious bidders.
So, the buy it now price for this quad is $ 3,200.00 US. It is a great quad in perfect running condition with low miles. It has a clear title witch you will get together with the quad and all the papers (Bill of Sale,etc..) so you will not have any problems with the registration. I must add that I will pay for all shipping costs and insurance.

If you are serious about this and want to get this beauty then all I need from you is your full name and shipping address. After I will get that info from you I will forward them to eBay and they will take care for the rest of this deal. I must tell you that I will sell this quad to the first interested buyer who will agree with the buy it now price set and who will provide that personal details that I want and need in order to proceed with this deal....so, I reserve the right to end this auction earlier."

I responed with

"I'd like to do business in person. Can you give me your phone number so we could talk?"

I'll let you know what happens.

If you are decided and want to get this quad then I look forward for your next mail. If you have any more questions then please mail them to me and you will get your answers ASAP.
Regards!

Old 12-08-2005, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

Good thinking, asking for his phone number!

Old 12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Range Rover

yea he is slippery but heres what one of us should should do ,ask him if he hs the bill of sale from the dealer and if you can meet in person and pay because you'd rather not take a chance and wire the money or we could just notify ebay and bust him

Old 12-08-2005, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

I just emailed the guy saying this:

Hey hows it going? I am emailing you about your grizzly that you are selling on ebay...I got a couple of questions are you able to send me a pic of the vin. number and your ownership or regrestration slip of the quad? and would I be able to arrange to pick the quad up in person with my truck? if you would be able to give me your home address and phone number it would be great.

Thanks

David C

Old 12-08-2005, 06:45 PM
Range Rover

i found one don't no if its the one your talking about but is it the metallic red grizz for buy it for $3000 and it doent actually have a buy it now button

Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: LOANSHARK
okay I got a response from "scumbag3"

If you are serious about this and want to get this beauty then all I need from you is your full name and shipping address. After I will get that info from you I will forward them to eBay and they will take care for the rest of this deal.

If you are decided and want to get this quad then I look forward for your next mail. If you have any more questions then please mail them to me and you will get your answers ASAP.
Regards!
Yep, same Scumbag, Reads like a book, Anytime they end it with "Regards" It sound english to me,

Old 12-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Well everyone, I bothered the crap out of this person and I got an address out of him.

125 WEST 8TH AVENUE, 99511
ANCHORAGE AK
phone:7572570100

My guess is that it's false info tho

Old 12-08-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

lmao email him back and tell him that thats your address

Old 12-09-2005, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider

Well I looked up his address on yellowpages, and it said it didnt exist...what a surprise[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Another Ebay Scam - this time it's a Grizzly