Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005 | 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!

Originally posted by: Scooter86
Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: Scooter86
AH man, come on. Are you going to believe everything that rag puts out. Yamaha clearly bought the results to that article as everyone knows the... Oh, wait a minute... Oops, forgot to take my meds again-

Later
Ummmmm, they are both yamaha's you tard!
Sorry there bud, but that is pure sarcasm. I know it doesn't always play as well over a forum, but try and be a little less this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] and a little more this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] 'K?
.............Thats cool. YOu got me, due to the fact that a lot of people on this forum would believe and state that!
Nice job!!

Old 12-12-2005 | 09:01 PM
Pro Rider

I think atvaction did a pretty damn good job on the article. A lot better than dirtwheels has done. They where not bias in any way, and they liked both machines. I think they picked the right quad to win for being the best trail machine, the 700R. You have to ride the yfz at its pace for it to be better, and I dont think that it is nearly as good of a trail quad as my 700R.
There is plus's and Minus's to both. WHen it comes to plane perfromance, the yfz is the clear winner!

Old 12-12-2005 | 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

I thought it was a pretty good article as well. And you are right that it was much better than anything dirt wheels does. Last year dirt wheels complained that the 450R wasn't as race tuned as the YFZ. Well this year the 450 comes with more of a race tune to it, so in this years dirt wheels test on the 450R, the first sentence of the summary paragraph says "it's too bad the 450R isn't more trail friendly". WTF? Can't those guys get a clue? Dirt Wheels writers are a bunch of retards if you ask me.

Old 12-13-2005 | 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
...........ha ha ha. Sorry you dont like to here the TRUTH!!!!!!
ha..............................ha................ ................ha...........................ha... ..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] yeah ok, the truth.. Tell us all what the "truth" is buddy.. Go ahead, start rambling on and on, I can't wait to see your normal 8 pages of CRAP!
..............ha ha ha. Oh wait, obviously NOT, you ride a 450r, which every magazine said "its certainly no yfz" If you saw or read the specs of your machine, you would have realized that it probably isnt the best thing to buy. NO REVS, NO COMPRESSION, NO SUSP TRAVEL.

..................Dude, get a life. Sorry you didnt do your homework before purchasing. Magazine after mazazine after magazine, and still you didnt believe. NOW, the same thing is happening with the 700, and you dont believe!
I'm not dissing yamaha but don't open your loud @ss mouth about my bike, im not the one who cruises this site all day trying to make my bike out to be the best in the world and everyone elses rides out to be crap. You know nothing about my bike or me or how fast I am, come line it up bud and you might just catch a hot one. My homework is done with actual experiance jerky, all the statments I make come from things that I have seen out at the strip, on the track and on the trail. Maybe you should do alittle less reading and alittle more riding.

Old 12-13-2005 | 04:27 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: 135boom NO REVS, NO COMPRESSION, NO SUSP TRAVEL.
Kids![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Will some of them ever grow up?

Old 12-13-2005 | 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

...........ha ha ha. Sorry you dont like to here the TRUTH!!!!!!
ha..............................ha................ ................ha...........................ha... ..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] yeah ok, the truth.. Tell us all what the "truth" is buddy.. Go ahead, start rambling on and on, I can't wait to see your normal 8 pages of CRAP!
..............ha ha ha. Oh wait, obviously NOT, you ride a 450r, which every magazine said "its certainly no yfz" If you saw or read the specs of your machine, you would have realized that it probably isnt the best thing to buy. NO REVS, NO COMPRESSION, NO SUSP TRAVEL.

..................Dude, get a life. Sorry you didnt do your homework before purchasing. Magazine after mazazine after magazine, and still you didnt believe. NOW, the same thing is happening with the 700, and you dont believe!
I'm not dissing yamaha but don't open your loud @ss mouth about my bike, im not the one who cruises this site all day trying to make my bike out to be the best in the world and everyone elses rides out to be crap. You know nothing about my bike or me or how fast I am, come line it up bud and you might just catch a hot one. My homework is done with actual experiance jerky, all the statments I make come from things that I have seen out at the strip, on the track and on the trail. Maybe you should do alittle less reading and alittle more riding.

..............Whatever dude. How is what you do, any different then what I do. I am not out to make my yfz or 700r to be the best. But where there is credit do, I speak up. When people right nonsence I speak up....AND BACK IT WITH SPECS AND FACTS.
Don't read what I write if you have such a problem with it! GO AWAY!!!!

Old 12-13-2005 | 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26

IN COMPARISON TO A YFZ450 or a ZUKI, IT DOES NOT!!!!! It doesnt have enough of either to warrant it a race machine.

Old 12-13-2005 | 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

IN COMPARISON TO A YFZ450 or a ZUKI, IT DOES NOT!!!!! It doesnt have enough of either to warrant it a race machine.
This is what im talking about. People all over this site call BS to what you say constantly and you keep on going. Quit bad mouthing other peoples stuff and you will get along a lot better around here. I try and not read what you say, but every damn time there is a comparrison going on you have to chime in on how damn great your yfz is. Quite frankley bud, what you have to say about your bike is old and is really annoying to a lot of people here, not just me.

Old 12-14-2005 | 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

This is what im talking about. People all over this site call BS to what you say constantly and you keep on going. Quit bad mouthing other peoples stuff and you will get along a lot better around here. I try and not read what you say, but every damn time there is a comparrison going on you have to chime in on how damn great your yfz is. Quite

frankley bud, what you have to say about your bike is old and is really annoying to a lot of people here, not just me
....................Ha ha ha. And I suppose "they" love rading what you have to say, WHICH IS JACK!!!! All you do is jump all over people!
I comment on things that I know about. When it comes to yamaha quads I have owned or have every singe one of them (sport anyway).
I also have ridden the 450r and ridden with several 250r's. Every single one of these quads has good traits about them. They are all good machines. BUT, excuse me for putting up the BS flag when people come on here saying things that ARE NOT TRUE.
How is what I have to say not relivant. These machines that we keep talking about I have owned. I agreed that YES, a banshee most definately is the king of drags, BUT, stock for stock, or mods UP TO A POINT, vs mods the yfz (machine to machine) is the victor in a 300 ft drag in the dirt.
700 vs yfz, stock to stock, the yfz clearly wins. DUDE, PROFESSIONAL RIDERS HAVE DISCOVERED THIS SAME THING. Go read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mod vs mod, I have no clue, as my 700r is stock for the time being. I would have to put my money on the yfz though, because if you READ, people are getting approx 47-48 horse out of the 700 with full pipes, intake and efi controller. A yfz with a full exhaust, intake, jetted and cammod, is making that if not a little more. Even if they have the same exact horse, the yfz has a CLEAR ADVANTAGE over the 700 as far as power to weight goes. Also, the yfz has the advantage of having a racier motor. DOHC VS SOHC. 5head vs 4head. 11.9.1 vs 9.2.1, 10750 rpms, vs 9000rpms.
Do you want to go to the yfz vs 450r now, OR WILL YOU READ ALL 5 SHOOTOUTS ON YOUR OWN THAT SAYS THAT THE YFZ IS THE CLEAR VICTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have stated facts and opinions, just like every one else does. Im sorry that I call BS when I see things. None of this means that if you have the losing machine in a shootout, that you cant win. BUT machine to machine that is exactly what it means.
Oh, I forgot one other. The 250r vs 450 in a straight line drag. COME ON. It should be common knowledge that the 250 is not a drag racer. 250s are geared short, and the VAST majority of the time dont make near the power of a 450 motor.
Unless I am missing something. Last I checked, even in the dirt bikes, 250 2-strokes where making about 3-5 less horse, and thats on a full on race mx dirt bike!!!!

Now you go ahead, and write back saying how I wrote a book, and that I am totally wrong. Whatever Dude. I am not the one in the dream world. I am the one with the proven over and over and over again 4 wheeler, where as you will alway be the bitter one on the 450r, probably because your a honda lover, and just couldnt bring yourself to buying a yamaha yfz. Thats just my guess, maybe I am worng on that too, like everything else I write!

ha ha,......................get a life

Old 12-14-2005 | 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry for dragging everyone else into mine and "1bad450r"....haha...............pissing match. I didnt intend to do so, but this guy is just lame and has a problem with everything I say

Quick Reply: Yfz450 vs 700 Raptor..ATV Action settles it!