Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

660R Vs Preadtor

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

well, considering you live in Arizona, I am not going to ride all the way down there just to show you what a yfz like mine can do. he he. As for riding with OFC, I would rather keep my feet on the pegs, and my hands on the bars. The a$$ is already always off the seat, but not too much into the other stuff! While others are showing off, I'll be riding by......

Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

The yfz vs pred is out of the question, its a waste of gas. BUT, I would like to see a pred likes yours vs a 700.......I am really not sure. You probably have more horse? Mine is still bone stock.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:03 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: 135boom
While others are showing off, I'll be riding by......
This can be arranged [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know some speedy predators if you wanna race some on the west side of the hills in washington [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

The yfz vs pred is out of the question, its a waste of gas. BUT, I would like to see a pred likes yours vs a 700.......I am really not sure. You probably have more horse? Mine is still bone stock.
Yes, I think that would be a much better race. I'd like to see that too...

Stock the Pred has more HP than the 700, not by much though on the peak. 700 has a really ugly curve through, so short shifting is a must from what I hear. I'm sure you've heard and felt that already...

Old 12-21-2005, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
While others are showing off, I'll be riding by......
This can be arranged [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I know some speedy predators if you wanna race some on the west side of the hills in washington [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I know there's some out there, and a couple of them up that way...

Old 12-21-2005, 05:15 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

700 with power commander and open airbox w/ K&N and a pheonix sparky will out run most stock modified quads with basically equal mods. now there are other bikes around that aint so equally modded and wellit wont even sniff their tailpipe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
700 with power commander and open airbox w/ K&N and a pheonix sparky will out run most stock modified quads with basically equal mods. now there are other bikes around that aint so equally modded and wellit wont even sniff their tailpipe [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Who's setup is that cause I've seen it before??? Is that RR's ride? One of the reasons for that mid Jan trip is so I can get some real world experience on what is happening out there. I have no idea how I would run compared to a Yomoto 110, well, I have an idea, but I ain't done it yet, and it needs to be done...

Old 12-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

I want to play. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 05:36 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: Webopper

Who's setup is that cause I've seen it before??? Is that RR's ride? One of the reasons for that mid Jan trip is so I can get some real world experience on what is happening out there. I have no idea how I would run compared to a Yomoto 110, well, I have an idea, but I ain't done it yet, and it needs to be done...
Yeah thats RR's 700.. a stock 700 aint as fast as a bolt on mod 660.
With a predapuss and the right gearing and tires depending on your sound compliance you be close.. In washington 103db i think it is and the preds run fast when they can be lound. snuff them down for the oregon dunes at 93db and well they aint nearly as fast.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: Webopper
Yes, I think that would be a much better race. I'd like to see that too...

Stock the Pred has more HP than the 700, not by much though on the peak. 700 has a really ugly curve through, so short shifting is a must from what I hear. I'm sure you've heard and felt that already...

oh..yeah. Especially when coming from a yfz. The yfzs curve just goes up, and levels at the top, when modded. With my 700, its all low and mid, and NO topend. The thing doesnt rev. Not that it needs to, but its just different. Its almost like a diesel! I dont know if you necessarily short shift. Your still using the majority of the rev range. It seems to fall though up top, and I guess you could say that I short shift to avoid that.

I am sure there is a lot of fast machines out there, even faster than me..ha ha. I would like to see a "fast" pred, one that makes me actually nervous when I pull up with my yfz, that probably is weighing in at 325-330 lbs now, and has mid 50's horsepower. THat makes for a very good power to weight ratio, and you cant beat the curve that the thing puts out. Its awesome. I dont doubt there are new 734 kits that will beat me, or old 727 kit raptors out there. Then there are always CRAZY banshees. BUT, I never have seen that fast of a pred, so that would be enlightning to me!

Quick Reply: 660R Vs Preadtor