Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

660R Vs Preadtor

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Did you guys notice Predator311 called you guys "Haters" at the end of his post. He might be recording all of your posts as evidence to file suit for Predator discrimination.

I have only seen one fast predator. It had a 550 kit, high compression piston, cams and race head. It was sporting a +5 swingarm and it was neck and neck with a piped YFZ that had a YZ cam. No other mods. YFZ rider was about 25 pounds lighter but the polaris rider knew his machine better and almost always got a jump out of the hole.

My DS is modded similarly to that predator and I spanked him good. And I know he is a far better rider than I am. I just started racing about 6 months ago.

Preds are good all around (if you are a light weight rider) but they are not the best at anything. BTW, I am not surprised to hear Pred311 pushing the stock for stock fastest straight line thing. The local Polaris dealer in my area uses that as their biggest sales point. I think it comes from Polaris but I haven't seen any evidence on the sand that this is true. I am sure the guy 311 bought from told him that and it played a big part of his decision to buy. Unfortunately sometimes reality bites.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

You guys just dont get it. I love anything fast and fun. Yamaha, suzuki, polaris whatever. Get over it. Its not that big of a deal. My bike is fast and so are alot of others. Im glad everyone is happy with there quad, because Im really loving mine. Yfz is a great bike. I would love to own one right next to my pred. Banshee is an awesome duner id also love to have another one. Shoot my friends z400 is fun. I cant wait to see the disputes he will get about his new suzuki 450r he is ordering. Anyways didnt mean for this to get into a pissing match. Just didnt want everyone to have the wrong inpression of a great all around machine. Predator may not be the best in any one category but it does very well at all. Cant say the same for very many bikes. Later Im done with this thread. Hope to meet you guys sometime on the trail. Peace.

ps. Dsnut, maybe we can go riding sometime. Your not to far from Boise. I plan St. Anthonys several times this summer. And by the way nice bike.

Old 12-27-2005, 02:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

I appreciate the offer, 311. Before I accept though I would like to hear from you on this thread why you called us "Haters" at the end of your very first post.

That is one loose end I would like tied up before I give you my phone number.

Ron [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-27-2005, 03:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Yamaha owners hating on the predator. Its no big deal. Hit me up anytime.

Old 12-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

LOL, seems like there is activity in these types of posts every week. A bunch of riders, many of whom havent even ridden both atvs, fighting over which one is better. Let's be honest, they are both lacking. The pred is too big for mx and too small to match the potential of a true big bore. DS and 660 owners know this, and it's reinforced by the fact that there are few shops turning out quick preds and a very small number of truly fast ones. The 660 on the other hand doesnt handle nearly as well as it should and even with thousands in aftermarket suspensions still winds up top heavy and uncomfortable at it's limits.

Take your pick, as for me I went yamaha and I wont own a pred even if the 525 makes its way in there. But that doesnt mean I'm not still friends with, ride with, and respect predators and their owners. It's a great bike, even if I do prefer something else.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Range Rover
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

bravo bravo !!!! well said

Old 12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default 660R Vs Preadtor

Originally posted by: torkmonsta
the weight of the machine is not gonna make the biggest difference..... its the weight of the riders.... if the rider of the yf is 50lbs heavier than the rider of the pred then it could be a great race. Take all the variables into consideration before calling anyone a liar.

Well, we all appreciate your concern an all, but I never called anyone a liar. All I was stating, is that if he is beating these machines on his pred, then he must be one hell of a rider, as the yfz has the advantage. Same goes for the dude on the stock yfz beating a modded banshee......that is certainly not the norm! The banshee should cream him. That is all I was trying to get across. Machine to machine, the banshee has the advantage over the yfz and the yfz has the advantage over the pred. Thats not to say that a guy on a blaster couldnt whoop all of 'em!! ha ha
I agree that there are "variables" and I never said anything to the contrary! I specifially stated that if you are beating these machines with your pred, it is because of the rider, and not because your machine is better in anyway....performance wise.
I totally agree, you put a fat man weighing in at 400lbs, on a yfz, YEAH....your going to beat him on pretty much anything you race him with.
-Some folks on here would be the first to come on here and say that they beat a guy on a yfz with there blaster!!!
Anyway, hope this clears up any confusion!