Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster Top end...... and uhhh maybe lower too?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster Top end...... and uhhh maybe lower too?

I just got a 1999 yfs200 (blaster) yesterday it looked good but it didn't run the guy i got it from said it was a bad coil. so i bought it got it home and pulled the plug and kicked it.... no spark so i took the coil off and cleaned it up real good re-grounded it and put it back kicked it again and it sparked like a champ, so i hurried to put it all back to gether and i tried to started it and still nothing... it was gettin fuel/oil, spark and air. i was confused... i called up a buddy of mine that races motocross and had him take a look at it. after 10 he had it stripped to the block and found a piston.... well... half a piston anyway. The guy I bought it from told me it had a FRESHLY REBUILT ENGINE from the block up with hi-po crank bored out polished head o/s piston. with only 20 EASY hours on the rebuid. it turns out the engine had NEVER been apart and it was completely stock. the head it trashed the piston is trashed but there isn't any real damage to cyl. walls it isn't marred or gouged its hone-able. I need to know what it will cost to get new head base, gasket set, and piston set. (rings, circlips, wristpins, bearings ect.) please help I have never touched a 2 stroke eng in my life and this is my first quad LOL and I think I got ripped for 900.00 I will post some pics of her on here and whats left of the piston

Old 12-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Range Rover

Who ever sold you that bike was pretty ignorant if you ask me. I would take the bike back to him and give him a stern talking to.

Old 12-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Pro Rider

900 for a blaster is not being ripped off, you can sell that for atleast $1400. put a new top end in it and see if it runs.

Old 12-26-2005, 10:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
900 for a blaster is not being ripped off, you can sell that for atleast $1400. put a new top end in it and see if it runs.
I agree..The blaster is very cheap to rebuild compared to most other quads out there..You could get it a fresh bore and hone, a piston kit, and at the worst a new head($25-30) on ebay..And look at the bright side, you have a 99 blaster that is still on it's stock bore..Which means alot of life still left in the cylinder..Anyways good luck with your blaster, with a little work they can be turned into little beast's..

letha