Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor 700 aftermarket parts question

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 700 aftermarket parts question

hey everyone I am new to the forum and i had a few questions about my new raptor 700. I was wanting to do some performance mods but I am unsure what to purchase.

First of all which EFI controller do people like the most, I am leaning towards the dynojet power commander, but I have looked at both the dobek and the trinity so I was looking for input as far as which would work the best as far as overall hp gains.

I was also looking at a complete exaust system and there are now so many to choose from I don't know which on to get??? I talked to my local dealer and he said some aftermarket pipes actually make the quad lose power and the best way to go would be the gytr full system...
I want to get the most power out of the pipe that I can so If anyone could point me in the direction of the best full exhaust system to purchase whether it be the ct racing, trinity, hmf, fmf, gytr, or white brothers your input would be appreciated.

Old 01-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the CT or HMF exhaust. NOt sure on the EFI controller.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I can only give advice on what I have. I chose the power commander for several reasons, the formost reason was that I have experience messing with them from working on Mini sprints, they have 1200cc sportbike engines with EFI, we run them on Methanol and use the Power Commander III USB to remap the fuel curve. The PCIII has endless tuning capabilities. The Doebeck and Trinity controllers are limited and have you adjust them manually like you would a carb
which IMHO is a bit low tech and not nearly as effective as being able to adjust the PCIII at any throttle opening and any RPM thruout the entire fuel curve. The PCIII is far superior to the simplistic manual adjust controllers .

As for the exhaust I was leaning towards the CT or Trinity system but after lots of research and talking to different people I decided to go with the LTE duals, they are a little more spendy but well worth the money in my opinion.
I can't believe the seat of the pants power increase I feel with the LTE's it's unbelivable I'm still tunning and will be taking it to the Power commander Dyno to optimize the combination. I think 51 to 52 HP is attainable with the GYT-R filter, lid off the airbox and the LTE Duals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the input on the exhaust's I will look into the LTE duals, I have not heard of them

Old 01-01-2006, 09:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27
I can only give advice on what I have. I chose the power commander for several reasons, the formost reason was that I have experience messing with them from working on Mini sprints, they have 1200cc sportbike engines with EFI, we run them on Methanol and use the Power Commander III USB to remap the fuel curve. The PCIII has endless tuning capabilities. The Doebeck and Trinity controllers are limited and have you adjust them manually like you would a carb
which IMHO is a bit low tech and not nearly as effective as being able to adjust the PCIII at any throttle opening and any RPM thruout the entire fuel curve. The PCIII is far superior to the simplistic manual adjust controllers .

As for the exhaust I was leaning towards the CT or Trinity system but after lots of research and talking to different people I decided to go with the LTE duals, they are a little more spendy but well worth the money in my opinion.
I can't believe the seat of the pants power increase I feel with the LTE's it's unbelivable I'm still tunning and will be taking it to the Power commander Dyno to optimize the combination. I think 51 to 52 HP is attainable with the GYT-R filter, lid off the airbox and the LTE Duals[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I was wondering if you could give me the website to the information on the lte exhaust

Old 01-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: raptor700climber
Originally posted by: RaptorRandy27

I was wondering if you could give me the website to the information on the lte exhaust

Here you go The 700R exhaust is so new it isn't on their website yet. The contact info is there. You can email them or call them. Randy & Kirsten are excellent people to deal with and they have excellent customer service. If you don't want to mess with the PCIII and are only going to do bolt on mods then they can sell you a controller all ready set up for the LTE's

Old 01-01-2006, 11:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Never ever believe anything the dealer tells you without bouncing it off an independent race shop or this forum. Obviously the parts guy is going to push the in-house brand and what is irritating is they feel they have to bash the aftermarket pipes to build theirs up.

I had LTE's on my DS at one point. I loved them. Nothing sounds better than true duals. You will be impressed and they probably don't cost any more that a full GYT-R system does.

Ron

Old 01-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the info guys