Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout: YFZ450 TRX450R

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Originally posted by: Raptor149
I started this thread, and lost track because I got busy with work and the winter rebuild of my quad. So I revisited it today to see what was so interesting that it is still going a week later.

And now I see that it has simply become a shouting match for some people with too much time on their hands. The thread was intended to discuss the journalistic values of a Dirtwheels article. And that was lost by the second page of posts.

I should have known better that this thread would invite the old "my quad is better than your quad" posts.
Well your right, you should have known better than to start this. As far as Dirtwheels goes, an article from them is about as valuble as a nice steamy pile of dog ****.

........yeah, no kiddin!!! ha ha. I dont think I am going to even waste the time of reading that damn mag anymore.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptor149
I started this thread, and lost track because I got busy with work and the winter rebuild of my quad. So I revisited it today to see what was so interesting that it is still going a week later.

And now I see that it has simply become a shouting match for some people with too much time on their hands. The thread was intended to discuss the journalistic values of a Dirtwheels article. And that was lost by the second page of posts.

I should have known better that this thread would invite the old "my quad is better than your quad" posts.

Sorry, it started out all good, but then people where starting to put statements in my mouth that I never stated. Sorry to take over your thread! Its 40% my fault!

Old 01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1bad450r
Originally posted by: 135boom
Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: 135boom I guess in your book, its totally a waste of time to shootout machines against eachother, to find out which one is "best"????

This statement right there lets everyone know that you don't know what your talking about. If you have to ask what that means, then you prove my point.

And how many posts do you need to try and validate a point?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Dude, what are you talking about? How does that statement show that I dont know what I am talking about. Perhaps you should read it more closely, you would realize the joke is on your a$$. And as far as how many posts it takes, well, as many as I feel to get my point across to different folks. Who made you "god of the forum".
I am going to agree with dsnut, as preference does not drive "best", as performance does. Your totally going to dismiss that every shootout up to today as said that the yfz outperforms the trx on the track? DUDE, open your eyes and stop denying it! That many different pro riders riding the damn things, and they all must be wrong! And You are right? ....ok?

My only point was that it will take more money to get the trx to perform equally or better to the yfz if you start modding them equally. Your starting at a disadvantage. It may be close, but the yfz clearly has it!
Now if you personally can ride a trx better the the yfz, then obviously YOU should go with the trx. As for me, and every other pro test rider that has done the shootouts, were going to go with the yfz......see ya out on the track!

I am not into spending more money than I have to, to get to a certain place in performance, which I feel I would have to do if I got a trx!
I am going to have to disagree with some of this. I dont really agree that it costs more to make the TRX compete with the YFZ.. I normally ride with about a half dozen YFZ's that are all piped with intake, jets and cam-mod. Im runnin with my baffle out, airbox lid off and a 175 main. I have no problem passing them on the straights or out of a berm and we all trade wins at the drag strip. In real world everyday riding these machines are very close, so close actually that it really does come down to the rider most of the time.

....Ok, now that we can carry on a friendly conversation, I would like to understand exactly where you are coming from. I will agree that the trx in every way shape and form is a very valid competitor, especially now. My only point, is when people have spent quite the time and money shooting out the two, the yfz is always winning. That has got to be for some reason. Its usually because of the handling difference, and generally the yfz can put down better track times.
I believe you can trade wins all day long, and they are very close, all I ever said, is IMO, your starting out with the disadvantage, in bth handling, and up till now, with power. IMO, and experience, it takes some money to "masage" the trx into being a lethal track weapon, as far as handling. I would have to agree, with what I have read, time and time again, that the trx has a lite front end, and feels tipsy in comparison to the yfz. the yfz you point it and it goes. I personally feel I am much faster on the yfz then the trx. Preference is a HUGE deal in these two. I will stand by that preference does NOT drive best. Its true, that some people are perhaps better/ more comfortable/and faster on the trx, then the yfz. HOWEVER, this is not the general consensious. Some people may have the same exact feeling toward a 400ex on the track. Thats fine, but that is preference driving that, not whats best.
I see what you are saying, and I hope YOU can see what I have been trying to say, without putting words and statements in my mouth wich I never said or stated, like "others" have done on this thread!
Talk to you later man!