Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT racing dyno readings-~raptor 700~-

Originally posted by: Raptor734R
It is nice to see that someone thinks the 700 has the potential to break 55hp reliably. I just sit back and laugh everytime someone tells me about how a 660 and DS can make 70hp yet no way could the 700 even come close to 70hp, unless you stroke it that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I hear that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I figure if you get x amount with the 660 then you should be able to get at least that much by doing the exact same mods with the 700R as is in evidence with the dyno graphs that are coming out. And we haven't even brought the new camshafts that web is about to release into the equation yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2006, 03:02 AM
Weekend Warrior

To be honest I will tell you guys what my raptor actually made.
I know this is an old topic but someone might read it.

I've been working at a dyno shop for a while now. We've built yamaha and honda 450's, and anything else.
When I bought my New 700 I gave it a break in ride before I dynoed it for free.
WITH THE STOCK KNOBBIES AND NOTHING TOUCHED IT MADE 42 HP AND 34.7 LBS.
I was very pleased and decided to take the air box lid off and spark arrester out.
WITH LITTLE DON EIT MADE 46.5 CORRECTED HORSEPOWER AND 37 CORRECTED POUNDS OF TORQUE.
Yes it's true that all dynos are different but they are used mainly for seeing gains. When you change tire size or maybe gears it completely affects how they read so it is inacurate to compare dynos to others. And far as people MAKING their dynos read hi is lying to the customers and to themselves, which would make bad buisness.
As far as the hill goes NO YAMAHA OR HONDA 450 HAS BEATIN ME UNLESS THEY HAVE MORE THAN PIPE AND JETS.
Very impressive for a stone stock quad. But buyers beware THE 700 RAPTOR DOES NOT RUN GOOD WITHOUT AIRBOX LID AND SPARK ARRESTOR UNLESS YOU GET A COMPUTER FOR IT. IT MIGHT BE FAST TOP END BUT CAN'T FUNCTION CORRECTLY.

This is the truth

Old 12-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Pro Rider

spent the day on a brand new dyno jet dyno today with my brand new raptor 700. it made 37hp box stock with knobbies. slicks will make your numbers higher and another major factor is if the dyno is set for sae horsepower or corrected horsepower. mine was set for sae which is realistic and most of these pipe manufacturers are running corrected in order to show higher numbers in order to sell pipes. with a radical dual exhaust system, fuel control box and a pro design intake kit with lid removed my bike which is brand new and has less than 15 minutes riding time on it made 45hp at sea level to the rear wheels. thats only an 8hp increase but its also a 22% increase in power. we tuned and tweaked the injection for every last hp and thats all she wrote. Im sure if you ran smaller slicks you could raise these numbers a couple points and setting the dyno for corrected hp will net you 4 more. so in theory 50 wouldnt be hard if your running unrealistic tires and play tricks with the dyno. an honest 45 in about all your gonna get out of a stock bike with bolt ons though

Old 12-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
spent the day on a brand new dyno jet dyno today with my brand new raptor 700. it made 37hp box stock with knobbies. slicks will make your numbers higher and another major factor is if the dyno is set for sae horsepower or corrected horsepower. mine was set for sae which is realistic and most of these pipe manufacturers are running corrected in order to show higher numbers in order to sell pipes. with a radical dual exhaust system, fuel control box and a pro design intake kit with lid removed my bike which is brand new and has less than 15 minutes riding time on it made 45hp at sea level to the rear wheels. thats only an 8hp increase but its also a 22% increase in power. we tuned and tweaked the injection for every last hp and thats all she wrote. Im sure if you ran smaller slicks you could raise these numbers a couple points and setting the dyno for corrected hp will net you 4 more. so in theory 50 wouldnt be hard if your running unrealistic tires and play tricks with the dyno. an honest 45 in about all your gonna get out of a stock bike with bolt ons though

Here's what I found, Stock I was at 38 RWHP, with a well broken in 700R at close to sea level with a PCIII USB LTE duals, GYT-R Filter and adapter with no lid and the air box removed stock gearing with 20' flat track tires SAE RWHP was 50.44 with 48.33 TQ on a know conservative eddie current Dyno jet dyno after 22 pulls.

I'd venture to say with a stock engine your radical dual exahaust system is hurting your HP and TQ in the usable part of the curve and once your machine is well broken in your going to gain a little. What is the diameter of your head and mid pipes?

Old 12-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

tried a single pipe and made 2 less hp. did you get that 38hp with stock tires and then the 50 later with the 20 inch flat track tires??

Old 12-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Have not been here in a while. I've got some videos I will be posting in a bit. In our camp we have about 4 semi-stock 660's, 5 686's, 1 730 and now three new 700s. I have some videos of us racing if you want to see them, the 700s run good, and the 720 that kenz had at olds was wicked fast...

Old 12-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
tried a single pipe and made 2 less hp. did you get that 38hp with stock tires and then the 50 later with the 20 inch flat track tires??
Nope, had her on flat track tires every time she's been on the dyno.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

Hey rap fam, hows the leg healing up? hope all is well.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

it's healing well, i'll be casted up for min 3 months then rehab [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] start light duty next week [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]