Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

76hp 700r friends or not

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 05:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 76hp 700r friends or not

I have been reading these forums for quite some time know,but never posted,I do own a 700 raptor (which in australia retails for $13000).Our parts here are quite expensive due to freight (almost double landed at your door ( sydney australia) to what you yanks pay).I ride in the sandunes, stock standard(baffel,airbox lid)removed .Im as fast as all of my buddies, ie- standard banshee, 250rtrike with pipe, predator 500 with pipe,yzf450 with pipe ,trx450 with pipe,flat out we are about the same speed,I acaisionally get there a little quicker (sand stars help they have them to)
My question is this.I was going to get the 76hp trinity package 734(almost $4000 to my door),but on the weekend while duning i drag raced a banshee with a 80hp 420 cheeta kit from trinity , WOW i know im pushing around 40hp but this thing was fast ,scary fast (beat me by 100mtr in a 400mtr race) ,my friends i was riding with basicially said whats the point ,im as fast as them know, and its good racing, and that it would be no challange anymore,they cant follow me know due to the sting of the sand as it is.
Mind you i dont belive the 734 would have 76hp more like 70hp(which would do) those of you who have them are they more fun to ride?.The bomadier i raced was a 730 +pipe (beat me by 35mtrs about 25 bike lengths,flogging) these fellas are in a league of there own . Thing is if i get the package ill be probobly riding on my own.He who has the most money wins. Is all the hipe of beating your buddies really worth it ?(since you guys spend so much no aftermarket parts why dosnt someone come up with a light weight vtwin quad that puts out 80hp standard its more than possible,you wouldnt even need paddles.

Old 01-07-2006, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Why disnt they take the 50 hp version of the raptor motor from those euro bikes.there was a 33 hp version and a 50 hp version.That would have been a better quad period, as long as they made the rest of the bike able to handle itself...lol...Also, the ktm duke motor falls into this category.The 625cc lc4 motor would be beast for a quad!

Old 01-07-2006, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

In the past, Trinity's Raptor dyno numbers only existed on their in-house dynos. On any other dyno, they made A LOT less. They never dominated any races with those high numbers either. I don't know if their 700R claims are inflated but it takes a hell of a lot of work to get that kind of HP on the old 660R motor. If all you have are in-house dyno numbers, that's a lot of money to spend. I would recommend doing some more research before laying down $4K. If you decide to spend money with them and the HP numbers are inflated, be a man and let others know so they don't waste their money.

Old 01-08-2006, 01:18 PM
hmj
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: bozmansmash
I have been reading these forums for quite some time know,but never posted,I do own a 700 raptor (which in australia retails for $13000).Our parts here are quite expensive due to freight (almost double landed at your door ( sydney australia) to what you yanks pay).I ride in the sandunes, stock standard(baffel,airbox lid)removed .Im as fast as all of my buddies, ie- standard banshee, 250rtrike with pipe, predator 500 with pipe,yzf450 with pipe ,trx450 with pipe,flat out we are about the same speed,I acaisionally get there a little quicker (sand stars help they have them to)
My question is this.I was going to get the 76hp trinity package 734(almost $4000 to my door),but on the weekend while duning i drag raced a banshee with a 80hp 420 cheeta kit from trinity , WOW i know im pushing around 40hp but this thing was fast ,scary fast (beat me by 100mtr in a 400mtr race) ,my friends i was riding with basicially said whats the point ,im as fast as them know, and its good racing, and that it would be no challange anymore,they cant follow me know due to the sting of the sand as it is.
Mind you i dont belive the 734 would have 76hp more like 70hp(which would do) those of you who have them are they more fun to ride?.The bomadier i raced was a 730 +pipe (beat me by 35mtrs about 25 bike lengths,flogging) these fellas are in a league of there own . Thing is if i get the package ill be probobly riding on my own.He who has the most money wins. Is all the hipe of beating your buddies really worth it ?(since you guys spend so much no aftermarket parts why dosnt someone come up with a light weight vtwin quad that puts out 80hp standard its more than possible,you wouldnt even need paddles.
Dont you run a little rich with the lid removed? i was told NOT to remove the lid without a remap .

Old 01-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

Well i have been in the same delima with yfzrydermace. he had a tricked out yfz 480 that blew the doors off everthing within 30 miles. Until i got my raptor. Even then he usually beat me. It was a pain in the butt ryding with him. When he got on the gas he shot a 50ft roost of gravel behind him. But he got rid of that and now has the 700raptor. That thing is pretty mean for a mostly stock quad. And it wont be long now before he gets a set of pipes for it. And then who knows what. My advice to you is get an efi controller and a good slip on. If more power is what you want then go for it, i'll go out on a limb here and say you will get 5-7 more h.p. That sounds like its not that much but it will make a noticable difference. Especially in the power sucking sand, i don't necessarily think you will go anialiating your friends but you will have a much greater top end advantage. Tell your 4 stroke buddies to look into a set of cams. the one on the 450R will be looking at 150 dollars (american) and the one on the yfz will be able to do a cam mod for free. I don't know squat about a banshee, or a pred for cheap mods, but a little reasearch never hurts. Now with this you'll never be able to touch that 730 or 420 banshee, but you will have quite a bit more power to play with. I'm sure your friends won't critize you for getting a slip on, considering they all have one, and look at the gains they have gotten. Well hope this helps, peace.

Old 01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

You can beat that 420 banshee without any mods to your 700r. Just tell him to bring it to a motorcross track and you will race him. haha

Old 01-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Trailblazer

Fun would best describe the 734 kit, I also had the head ported, I am past the whole hp thing, I ride every weekend and loving it. PIPED 700's, 450's and Banshees dont compare, not even close, your friends wont want to race you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

haha you called us yanks i would start with a faster platform,like a 450. When a stock 450 runs faster than a stock 700 and you want speed,it just doesnt make sense to go with the raptor,the 450's are lighter faster and handle better in almost any terrain or situation

Old 01-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

bozmansmash my advice leave trinity alone, and their mythcial dyo numbers. sit on your cash for a few more months until aftermarket parts are readily available. do some reseach first. i wouldnt go buy the first big bore kit advertised. i know every builder out their is workign on a kit right now, why aren't they advertising them yet, i think they are taking their time and doing it correct.... oh and PM me.

Old 01-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CTracingraptor
bozmansmash my advice leave trinity alone, and their mythcial dyo numbers. sit on your cash for a few more months until aftermarket parts are readily available. do some reseach first. i wouldnt go buy the first big bore kit advertised. i know every builder out their is workign on a kit right now, why aren't they advertising them yet, i think they are taking their time and doing it correct.... oh and PM me.

I agree. those numbers are greatly increased on their dyno. The extra power could be there, but the numbers are off.
I too would wait, and see what becomes available. Up to you. I have heard that this kit makes some crazy power though!

Quick Reply: 76hp 700r friends or not