Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MLK/FSW

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLK/FSW

Just as a side note.... Kingraptors bike that won the modified class is a 10.5:1 720. No 770 or 780 and no 13.5 or bigger compression in that motor. Standard hotrod kit with Kenz porting and a good chassis.

Old 01-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

well i know as well as everyone else there are some very fast craycraft bikes out there, and would compete with any other bike builders that work on raptors. thats all that needs to be knows

Old 01-18-2006, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

finally, someone to set it straight...thanks ken.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Aside from the comperssion of the three CR bikes, and KR's raptor.....king is running shaws, drag lite front, lightened frame....other then rapfam running shaw's where are the cr bikes "purpose built drag" bikes? I don't see alum drag axles on jarheads bike? Nor on rapfam's?

It's funny that a lot of "self proclaimed" drag bikes don't have 1/2 the light weight and "drag" parts that most of the AZ "dune bikes" have?

Old 01-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default MLK/FSW

Are we now going to get into specific parts lists on bikes to determine victors? Alot of bikes over here are running such axles as jj and a that are light and have a lifetime warranty. These axles are %100 duneable, jumpable. Of every bike that Kenz ran in FSW only two (the dew bike and the nitro yfz) were not %100 dunable as they ran infact most duned to the hill that morning. I think the axle is probably about the only dif between most of the kenz raptors and rapfams and jarheads. And no Kingraptors frame is %100 stock besides color.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Not trying to say specific parts determined who won and lost at FSW's...or who could have won. But to make it out like Jarhead, Rapfam, and SandRaptor represented Craycraft Racing in force is not a accurate statement....they are also not anything like some of the Craycraft full blown drag bikes that will be at Sicily in March. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

all i know is KENZ had a crap load of raptors there and they ran strong, they should they leave 10 minutes from the hill and they should have them dialed in by now....

Craycraft had 3 bikes there i believe and they are fast also and probabley the beast looking raptors out there but had some problems, KEN your bikes are set up to drag not dune, lets now get carried away with this and they or most had the LSR ti swinger, axles, lite front end so please dont say they are all duneable, if you had to yea but not "lets gor for a dune ride kinda bike"....ANd out off all the bikes they were 2 that were very fast, kings bike and the red and black one from KENZ, the rest were just a raptor...

Im sure if Craycraft made an attempt to get the whole crew here Bob and all they would place in one of the lists....It takes teamwork and preparition to get the win bottom line... JMO

Old 01-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default MLK/FSW

Bikes by bad here..........Thats funny 1bad! We had one bike there with a ti swingarm or ti anything for that matter and it was the slowest bike we brought. They only lightweight part on the red/black raptor is the fron wheels and axle. The swingarm is a standard heavy metaltech and the a-arms are stock. The one thing that Im curious about is if the craycraft bikes that were there are so much slower than the "other" ones that were not there why cant the one that were there get the "good" motors? Im willing to bet that besides my dew bike and kings bike none of the others are any lighter than jarheads. rapfams, or the other guy. The smallest raptor ken ran in the modified class was 73.8hp thats why they were fast not because they were any lighter than the rest of them. Oh and as for dial in time..... The ti one and the red/black one had not even started until friday of FSW.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

thanks triple B, for clearing up the confusion. the dew bike ran great(shame to hear about the carb problem though) i would of liked to watch it run somemore, but oh well. no doubt their was a lot of Ti swingarm raptors out their, but i didnt think any of them were kenz(except 1).

Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

kenz congrat's on your win's and sandbomber congrat's to you and HPR