Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MLK/FSW

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLK/FSW

Not 1 mention of a single CrayCraft bike. How come?

225lb Rider - Big Bore Class

1. Mark Tozar Mesa,AZ 727 Raptor Kenz Cycle Tech

2. Mani Miami,FL 770 Raptor

225lb Rider - Small Bore Class

1. John Berg Staton,CA YFZ450 Pro Shop

2. Kyle Quinn Modesto Honda 450 Ludas Racing

FSW Chick Class

1. Ruth Livingston Moroni,UT YFZ450 RND

2. Michelle Loan Mesa,AZ YFZ450 Kenz Cycle Tech

535cc Under (Stock Bore/Stock Stroke)

1. Jared Livingston Moroni,UT YFZ450 RND

2. Mike Wade Bakersfield,CA 450R Ludas Racing

535cc Under (Modified)

1. Brinntey Hansen 450R Tuners Edge

2. Jeff Kyle Morgan Hill,CA 450R DASA

535cc Under (Builder's Class)

1. Jeff Kyle Morgan Hill,CA 530TRX DASA

2. Joe Bades CA 480TRX Spanel

535cc Under (Open)

1. Chris Scott Mesa,AZ YFZ450 Kenz Cycle Tech

2. Justin Brazil Hanford,CA 450R

535cc Under Power Adder Class

1. Jeff Wollerman Stanton,CA YFZ450 Kenz Cycle Tech

2. John Berg Camarillo,CA YFZ450 Pro Shop

536cc & Over Stock Bore/Stroke Class

1. Mike Lapier

2. Tj Marshant

536cc & Over Modified

1. Ruben Flores Fresno,CA 727 Raptor Kenz Cycle Tech

2. Mathew Sasseli Indio,CA Raptor Sparks

536cc & Over (Builders Class)

1. Chris Scott Mesa,AZ 727 Raptor Kenz Cycle Tech

2. Ruben Flores Fresno,CA 727 Raptor Kenz Cycle Tech

536cc & Over Open

1. Darrin Dutra Mesa,AZ 550TRX Dan Reiney Racing

2. Mark Hargrove CA Raptor Kenz Cycle Tech

536cc & Over Power Adder Class

1. Randal Richards Kevel, KT DS800 HorsePower Research

Open Chassis Class

1. Darrin Dutra Hanford,CA TRXBike 20 ESR

Old 01-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

The majority of the Craycraft guys won't go to Glamis, too much bad blood over the years. I am encouraged by the post-race reports from this year though, maybe there is hope for the Klowns. It is quite possible that there will be a Craycraft banner flying at Glamis next year, we'll see how things go between now and then...

Jarhead was running very strong the day before the races but the big end of his rod let go.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Thats bad news about Jarheads engine, was he running the barker rod Ubet ? Congrats to HPR with the DS800, they have some serious HP numbers cranking out of those bombs, it is also hard to imagine a DS at 315pounds, is that correct?

Old 01-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

There was a small batch of prototype rods that weren't properly heat treated last year. Jarhead may have got one but I don't want to speculate, Dr. Craycraft hasn't performed the autopsy yet. If Jarhead's rod was the last one of the bad batch, it's a testament to Lucas Oil Treatment that it has lasted this long. All of the other "bad" rods let go on the big end after a few hours, Jarhead's motor has been together for over a year with not a lot of hours but all of them hard. I remember Bob telling me a long time ago that the only stock rods he's seen without heat discoloration on the small end came from quads running Lucas Oil Treatment.

I heard there were something like 17 Kenz quads entered, does anyone know how many Sparks and HPR quads competed?

Old 01-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

the craycraft 730's were out in force(rapfams and jarheads and badraptors old bike)
all 3 were very fast, but still were no match for the other bikes.
craycraft is still a excellent builder, and its a shame the rod let go, but then again jarhead was on the bottle when it let go.
the sparks bikes were very discret this year, normally all of their hired riders wear their smurf shirts, and a lot of sparks bikes were not running the blue smurf shirts.
and their was about 10 HPR bikes, all were extremely fast.

a few KMS bikes, viscous cycles and esr, were very strong also.

what ever kenz has been doing to his 727, they are hella fast. rapfam 730 with his dad on it, was quickly eleminated, and then when his sis rode it in the womans class she was elminated.
like i said the craycraft bike were fast, just not fast enought. i rode rapfam's 730, i did a 54mph run up the hill. and that was fast for my 250lb a$$, then again my little stocker does 43mph. but mph dont mean much either.

congrats to Eric, from HorsePower Research with his Huge victory on the DS, for King of the Hill
What a joy it was to watch that bike run.

Old 01-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

1badraptor's old bike is a 686. Jarhead is a low comp 730(and from early reports was more then capable of winning some trophies before the motor failure), and rapfam isn't exactly a purpose built drag bike like the majority of kenz's bikes. Most of the Kenz bikes were purpose built for FSW's and shooting that hill....why don't any of them come to LA and beat on some of the purpose built Craycraft bikes...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...
Default MLK/FSW

How many low comp,naturally asparated won the modifed classes? I would have to guess they prob went down the the High comp strokers.
There will be atleast one Kenz raptor at Sicily. It wasnt assmebled by kenz but the portwork and machine work was.
I would like to go and see it all for myself. Its a loooooong ways from here though. If all goes well I will make it next year.
Congrats to the winners!

Old 01-17-2006, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

I wasn't going to go down this path but CT seems to have an itch that needs scratched. After looking at his Raptor for the first time, I now understand why he's got such a big chip on his shoulder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

CT- If you're having trouble finding a fast Craycraft Raptor, bring that fuzzy abortion down to Sicily or Aledo and we'll try our best to give you some competition [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Congratulations to all the folks that took home a trophy, it sounds like this year's event was a great time.

Old 01-17-2006, 01:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Originally posted by: raptorgav
Thats bad news about Jarheads engine, was he running the barker rod Ubet ? Congrats to HPR with the DS800, they have some serious HP numbers cranking out of those bombs, it is also hard to imagine a DS at 315pounds, is that correct?
Yep the HPR crew is Bad ars!!!!!! The ole bus does weight in at 315 with bottle full of nos and gas in the tank!!!

Old 01-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

just for note, i said the craycraft bikes were fast, and yes they were low comps. Jarheds bike was fast, what more do you want out of me???

i dunno though, jarheads bike sure does look like a purpose built drag bike.
jsut cuz its a low comp doesnt mean its not a drag bike?
and rapfams bike looks more like a drag bike everyday, and he even refers to it as a low comp drag bike nowadays

why is their all of this **** everytime i mention craycraft, what part when i said "i respect him as a builder, he is a top builder" don't you understand. so you do your best and drag my bike down, wont hurt my feeling any.

god what would you do with yourself if i did send my bike to craycraft. get away from me