Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

MLK/FSW

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MLK/FSW

I am encouraged by the mostly positive post-race reports. Competition is fierce and we're all getting faster (or know why we're slower:-) but we're losing focus, the Bombs went on a diet. We need to race our Raptors as much as we can afford if we want to compete with them, they've tasted blood on both hills and flat drags. We've come to Glamis twice in the last 5 months, join us in Sicily and we'll show your guys as much hospitality as you've just shown Jarhead.

Old 01-19-2006, 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default MLK/FSW

To set the record straight, I did not run NOS but for one run against the Miami bike. Not that it really matters, but I get annoyed when someone posts something incorrectly with no knowledge of what they are talking about. As for the bickering, I hope that you guys let it go. The Kenz bikes ran great as did the competition and the races they won were clean. Yes they have a great team at the bottom of the hill. So would we if we lived closer. Lets not get wrapped around the axle as to who is lighter etc. If you are going to drag race, you are expected to be lighter. I chose to go with the bling look and chrome everything. Cant knock the competition for doing what is necessary. I am sure that we would have had great runs on Sunday had I not had the mishap, but things go wrong sometimes. If you are tired of seeing Kenz get all of the recognition for 4 Stroke Wars, then load up your trailers and go out there with me next year and race!! We had 2 bikes enter this year in only 2 classes. One was a great running 686 (no comp for the big bores) and a low compression 730 that is truly a dune bike that does very well racing. Step up to their challenge. I'll bring the beer and tools!! Once again, great job to all of the bikes that ran, especially those that won. Kenz should be enjoying their deserved recognition right now not taking pop shots. A win is a win and the whole "run what you brung" theory applies.

Chow

Old 01-19-2006, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Hi all !! I have not been on here for awhile just because I hate all the BS talk but you know, some people live by it everyday.

I wish I could have shown up for Craycraft this time only because the last two times I went I had major problems.... It feels like an Omen or something. The first time I went my rod went out on my sparks motor, then the case cracked the second time I went out.... Oh well hopefully someday I will be able to attend... My bike has actually been running pretty strong now for the past year and wanted to go so bad but surgery got in the way and couldnt make it.

By the way, not to stirr up any bad vibes but heard from a few people that the races were not that organized and had a few restarts because someone didnt like the hole shot.....?? Is this true cuz this should not have happened, if your ready to race, your ready to race, no redo's, restarts and so on....

Nice job though on the races, I like to see the competition that comes out and plays. Hope one day Bob will have a tent setup and a few tech's tuning and adjusting their bikes as the Sparks crew does. Team work is what its all about. I have no clue when it comes to gearing and tuning. I have had my bike probably tuned once since I had my first build. Mad racing touched my bike about 4 to 6 months ago and that was the first and last time I had it looked at. Its got potential but I dont know where to start.

Nice to hear you all still in the game. Talk at you all later,

Good nite.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default MLK/FSW

Originally posted by: Kenzcycle
Just as a side note.... Kingraptors bike that won the modified class is a 10.5:1 720. No 770 or 780 and no 13.5 or bigger compression in that motor. Standard hotrod kit with Kenz porting and a good chassis.
It's listed as a 727 in the official results, same Raptor in the 225 lb and big bore builder's class right?

Old 01-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Range Rover
Default MLK/FSW

Thanks to Jarhead and Leevon for working the starting line, they both did a great job!

Also props to the other gentleman as well, I just don't know his name?

CRR

Old 01-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Range Rover
Default MLK/FSW

CT, also worked the starting line, thanks again.

CRR

Old 01-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Trailblazer
Default MLK/FSW

Ubet, Kings bike is a hotrod stroker kit with a 102mm bore. Jarhead thank you very much for all your help running the races you did a great job.

Old 01-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MLK/FSW

Hopefully I wont have to spend the next month dodging threads and posts from angry members who didnt even attend the event. This thing is a lot closer to kenz's and Sparks' backyard than CCR's, no suprise that fewer CCR bikes make the trip. A lot of guys are fiercly supportive of their builder, that's a good thing and I too feel a sense of loyalty to mine. I guess it's just a foolish hope to think that riders can get together and have a good time without trying to diminish others or fear criticism from people who were no where near the event.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Range Rover
Default MLK/FSW

Originally posted by: Jarhead730
To set the record straight, I did not run NOS but for one run against the Miami bike. Not that it really matters, but I get annoyed when someone posts something incorrectly with no knowledge of what they are talking about. As for the bickering, I hope that you guys let it go. The Kenz bikes ran great as did the competition and the races they won were clean. Yes they have a great team at the bottom of the hill. So would we if we lived closer. Lets not get wrapped around the axle as to who is lighter etc. If you are going to drag race, you are expected to be lighter. I chose to go with the bling look and chrome everything. Cant knock the competition for doing what is necessary. I am sure that we would have had great runs on Sunday had I not had the mishap, but things go wrong sometimes. If you are tired of seeing Kenz get all of the recognition for 4 Stroke Wars, then load up your trailers and go out there with me next year and race!! We had 2 bikes enter this year in only 2 classes. One was a great running 686 (no comp for the big bores) and a low compression 730 that is truly a dune bike that does very well racing. Step up to their challenge. I'll bring the beer and tools!! Once again, great job to all of the bikes that ran, especially those that won. Kenz should be enjoying their deserved recognition right now not taking pop shots. A win is a win and the whole "run what you brung" theory applies.

Chow

This is the best response I have seen in this thread......Jarhead I agree with you and everything you said....I specially liked the part when you said that (If you are tired of seeing Kenz get all the recognition for 4 Stroke Wars, then load up your trailers and go out there with me next year and race!!!) I think there is allot of competition out there and if there were more great builders out there it would be more interesting...You are right it's called team work....You did you part and that is all I got to say.....Some people in here are arguing and they don't even own or have a craycraft bike that is plain stupid....

I have always liked the craycraft bike and there bling looks there freakin nice!!!

Old 01-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Range Rover
Default MLK/FSW

(((( KENZ ))))

Thanks for the built on my bike it's f@cken bad I love it...I just have to get some 39's and a dyna ignition....Hopefully next year I can do better with more practice...

Sorry for letting you down in the FSW's Chick Class... I was nervous and sucked at the launching....BUT THERE IS NO EXCUSES FOR LOSING......theres always next year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]