Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Say goodbye to ATV's

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000, 09:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hiofcer,
Let's recap. "...stupid not to vote". I hear you, I'm all for free speech. So say what you wish. "...if someone doesn't exercise their right to vote as an American citizen should lose that right." I can see that you are a firm believer in DEMOCRACY and FREEDOM OF CHOICE. What I'm I leaving out here. Oh, MOOT vs. MUTE. Twice you tried to tell me what I wanted to type on this. And you have implied that I'm uneducated since I exercised my right not to vote. Does that about sum it up?

You seem to want to down a person for making one choice in four years. Just how political are YOU. Do you only get off your butt once every four years to go vote. Or do you actually get out there to ensure your voice is heard? Have you ever written your congressman, your senator? How about your mayor? Have you have fought for or fought against anything occurring in your own back yard, in your own community?

I seriously doubt it. I've seen your type before. One that tries to destroy democracy under the guise of democracy.

Old 11-10-2000, 09:32 AM
Pro Rider

Blaster199,

"Just so everyone knows yor VOTES DO NOT COUNT!! That is stupidest thing I think I've ever read.

Yes it's the electoral Collage votes that win an election. But, whoever wins the popular vote per state wins those electoral votes. This is where a single person can make a difference. Anyone that does not exercise this country's most sacred right, "the right to vote" is plainly stupid!!! They just took their own right to vote away from themselves. You would not like it if someone took the right to vote from you, so why, do it to yourself. The same goes for all other rights as well. Whether it's speech, guns or voting.

Old 11-10-2000, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hiofcer,
"Anyone that does not exercise this country's most sacred right, "the right to vote" is plainly stupid!!!"...Using your logic one must be stupid if they choose not to own a gun, they are stupid if they don't call their boss an a**hole (exercising free speech) when he was clearly being one, they are stupid when they make a choice that does not align with yours. You're just digging yourself a deeper and deeper hole.

Old 11-10-2000, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

It's the right to vote… not to choose not to. It's your responsibility as an American citizen to make sure your voice is heard. One voice is nothing but many are deafening. If you choose not to exercise this right then, so be it. You can't complain. I know you have not in particular complained, but people in general do, it has happened, its happing now and will happen again.

As for speaking my voice. I let it known. I have written President Clinton regarding my right to own guns. I have written my local politicians in the past Bruce Vento, Rod Grams and Paul Wellstone. I have written all these people from everything from the right to own and use guns to taxes and welfare reform.

In regards to how political I am. Every time there is an election or referendum I'm there. I also volunteered for my local state representative. Andy Westerberg. Feel free to visit his web site. http://<a href="http://ww3.house.leg...strict=51A</a> I didn't do much but I was there and that's the important thing. Also I have coming up in December a hearing regarding my property. The city is planning on developing 33% - 40% of my lot or backyard as a new Park and Ride for our local bus service. Believe you me, I will make my voice heard and I have let my neighbors know too. As I said 1 person can't do anything, many can.

Old 11-10-2000, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Now you're just assuming my way of thinking. If you don't want a gun, fine. But don't take mine away. I said free speech is a right. I said nothing about calling your boss an A-hole. If you are too scared to speak your mind then go cower in the corner.

Old 11-10-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

I'm proud of you Hiofcer. Glad to see that you're not voting just every four years and calling yourself a political activist.

Now, to address another issue that you bring up often. You keep calling people stupid for not exercising their right to vote. Keeping with that exact same logic.
"right to vote" = stupid if you choose not to vote. Therefore following the exact same logic you are using on "right to vote" then that would mean "right to bear arms" = stupid if you choose not to bear arms. Simply put, that's asinine to take that view point. Have you all but forgotten about FREEDOM of CHOICE? Just because one makes a choice that differs from yours DOES NOT MAKE THEM STUPID. And the more you keep emphasizing that particular point, your only showing your own intelligence level.

Old 11-10-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

Whoever thinks that just because the president does not win on popular vote so there is no need to get out and vote has been mislead. The electorals dont even get together until I believe sometime in december. The reason they say now who one each state is that the electorals vote with the popular vote in their state. That is not to say they have to, it is just the given. If Gore wins I might as well sell my guad, and give them all my guns because there will be no need for either in a couple of years. I wish that Bush's camp would of exposed all of his drug problems in college the day before the election like they did his OWI that happened 25 years ago.What is sad is that Gore won his votes from alot of the elderly becuase he scared them into thinking Bush was going to take away their Social Security. Way to go Gore!!

Old 11-10-2000, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't call myself a political activist. Just a US citizen that does not take my American rights for granted. I will call anyone that did not vote stupid. That is my right to free speech.

As for the right to bear arms is an American right, it is also a choice and I resect you're right to choose not to own a gun. I believe I said that in a previous post. During this very election there are too many people that want to take this right away from me.

I have recently inquired about volunteering with my local DNR officer to help train people how to properly use and respect firearms as a Firearms safety instructor. I would consider my self a responsible sportsman and a firearms owner. And I wish to help more people like me.

As long as you have the right to vote, it should be exercised. No one is trying to take this right away from you or anyone else. But if they were you'd make a stink too.

You said you didn't like any of the candidates. Write in yourself since that's the obvious choice. No one else shares your same political views.

Believe it or not, like it or not, voting is important.

Old 11-10-2000, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hiofcer
There's roughly 200 million Americans (www.census.gov) that are of voting age. Guess that means there's roughly 100 million STUPID Americans in this country.

Just so there is no confusion, I personally choose to own guns.

"You said you didn't like any of the candidates"....Untrue. Try reading my post again. I pointed out that when it came to the other elections, the senate, congress, etc. that I would be happy with either party that was elected.

"As long as you have the right to vote, it should be exercised. No one is trying to take this right away from you or anyone else." You are advocating that anyone that does not exercises their right to vote then that right should be taken away from them. So don't tell me no one is trying to take that right away from me or anyone else, because YOU are and anyone else that you can get to agree with your rhetoric.

Old 11-10-2000, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Wrong again, Get your facts straight. The total population of the US is 276 million. According the URL you gave me. http://<a href="http://www.census.go...census.gov</a> Not all are voting age. Less than 200 million are of voting age. Roughly 100 million voted. So yes there are about another 100 million STUPID people.

Quick Reply: Say goodbye to ATV's