Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Fastest Bone Stock Quad?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006 | 06:00 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default Fastest Bone Stock Quad?

Originally posted by: 135boom

I will point you toward EVERY major mag and interent shootout though of the 04-05 versions, where the yfz was the very clear victor.
I thought you just said the mags were crap? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K

Just to point out, I believe any motor can be made to what you want if you have the coin, I don't think either is much more powerful over the other. Look at the MX bikes, the Yammi and Honda produce higher HP numbers than any other, and that is mod for mod and stock for stock. Since these quad engines are virtually the same as the bikes, they can be built up the same way. I don't see how the YFZ would have an edge over the 450R engine wise?

Old 02-07-2006 | 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: 135boom

I will point you toward EVERY major mag and interent shootout though of the 04-05 versions, where the yfz was the very clear victor.
I thought you just said the mags were crap? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K

Just to point out, I believe any motor can be made to what you want if you have the coin, I don't think either is much more powerful over the other. Look at the MX bikes, the Yammi and Honda produce higher HP numbers than any other, and that is mod for mod and stock for stock. Since these quad engines are virtually the same as the bikes, they can be built up the same way. I don't see how the YFZ would have an edge over the 450R engine wise?

Hey man, whats up. I was just trying to say that dirt wheels is full of it. There numbers are always off, and mis leading! They screw their tests up time and time again. There are other internet mags and paper mags out there that do much better jobs.

I will have to totally agree with you that the engines are both superior. I too believe that with money you can make anything better or faster. I guess in the end it all comes down to personal preference, which is also what I said at the end. I have rode both extensively, and still like the yfz's power delivery better. It hits harder, revs quicker and faster than the trx. The trx does have its plus's though too, as it has more tractible (sp??) power and actually has a low end. The yfz is nothing but mid and top.
It all comes down to, do you like a sohc 4 valve, or a dohc 5 valve. They both make great power now, its just made in a different way! And as far a weekend track riders are concerned, it takes a lot less money if you just start out with the yfz, as it clearly handles a lot better than a stock trx!
I am glad that honda did do the motor upgrades they did, as the trx, IMO, was anything but awesome in the years past!

Old 02-07-2006 | 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

i can answer the honda vs. yamaha debate. i watched an 05 honda an a 05 yamaha drag race for a half hour straight. the yamaha won by a couple lengths every time. and just to make sure it wasn't the rider they switched bikes and the result was the same every time,the yamaha by 2 lengths.

Old 02-07-2006 | 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rieds
i can answer the honda vs. yamaha debate. i watched an 05 honda an a 05 yamaha drag race for a half hour straight. the yamaha won by a couple lengths every time. and just to make sure it wasn't the rider they switched bikes and the result was the same every time,the yamaha by 2 lengths.

..........sounds about like my experiences bro, for the 04 and 05 versions. The 06 trx is suppose to be better though (as far as power goes). The only proof I have is though, is that of what dumb dirt wheels says. They say they are dead even in a 500 yard drag race, even though the trx is "supposively" making more power than the yfz now?
I am waiting to see a true dyno of the two, and a true shootout. Then I want to race them personally and see. As far as everything else goes about the two, the yfz still sounds better.
................A while ago, I thought that the 06 trx was going to make its way into my garage over my yfz. But, I dont think so. There was a good shootout over at atvscene of the yfz, pred, and trx.
Later

Old 02-07-2006 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

I have owned a yfz 450 05 and bone stock it put out 36.2 with dyno tires On the same dyno 1 1/2 years later I now have a 06 trx 450 and it put out 39.9 bone stock with dyno tires I would say that the 06 yfz 450 should be a little bit better than the 05 say 1.5 hp That would put it at 37.7 Now you have to factor in weight and power delivery,even with the lower hp the yfz could be quicker, because of how fast the motor is willing to rev Dont always beleave HP #s they lie Take a 800 hp nascar motor and a 800 hp drag motor and put them in the same chassis and drag race them The drag motor will when every time Put them on a track and the nascar motor will when Its all about power delivery

Old 02-07-2006 | 09:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: predator311
You guys are all crazy my Le predator was faster straight up then the stock 700r I raced and both 450s I raced. I raced all bikes many times and each time my bike pulled away. Im not sure about the suzuki but the 450 can not hang with a predator stock. Come one guys 33-35whp vs. 40-42whp. I dont think so. And your precious 50lb weight advantage isnt gonna make up the extra 5whp.

FASTEST STOCK QUAD HANDS DOWN LE PREDATOR. Comes with whitebrothers pipe, razr tires and shorter tranny from the factory. The quadzilla possibly but not evidence to prove that.
Actually there is 65 lbs dry weight difference between the pred and a YFZ and only 5 hp stock difference. The YFZ has a better power to wight ratio and it revs quicker. Any pred that beats a YFZ on the hill or at the track is a fluke and not the norm regardless of what you say you have done.

Old 02-07-2006 | 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

Bomb Outy 800, at least in a drag. I thought I would toss that out since the original question did not specify Sporties only.

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
Bomb Outy 800, at least in a drag. I thought I would toss that out since the original question did not specify Sporties only.
Those 800s are awesome.

Old 02-07-2006 | 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You guys are all crazy my Le predator was faster straight up then the stock 700r I raced and both 450s I raced. I raced all bikes many times and each time my bike pulled away. Im not sure about the suzuki but the 450 can not hang with a predator stock. Come one guys 33-35whp vs. 40-42whp. I dont think so. And your precious 50lb weight advantage isnt gonna make up the extra 5whp.

FASTEST STOCK QUAD HANDS DOWN LE PREDATOR. Comes with whitebrothers pipe, razr tires and shorter tranny from the factory. The quadzilla possibly but not evidence to prove that.

LoL, either this guy is a dumba.ss and really believes what he's saying or this is one of those joke posts to get everyone talking. If you think a pred can beat a 700r or a yfz then you should learn more about riding or power to weight ratios in general. Common sense.

Old 02-08-2006 | 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 420Pimp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LoL, either this guy is a dumba.ss and really believes what he's saying or this is one of those joke posts to get everyone talking. If you think a pred can beat a 700r or a yfz then you should learn more about riding or power to weight ratios in general. Common sense.
........ha ha ha!

Quick Reply: Fastest Bone Stock Quad?