Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 questions: why yamaha's most popular and ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions: why yamaha's most popular and ...

Originally posted by: DavidLT250S
Originally posted by: Webopper

Show me another manufacturer that is offering 3 year warranties and lifetime on some of the major components. Only one brother...they do that because they stand behind their product and trust it's reliability.
lmao they have a 3 year warranty and a lifetime on major components because they f*ck up so much that people are tired of paying for new parts on there brand new machines i do not want to start a fight so i am not going to reply to this post anymore because all we are going to do is steal this thread over "yamaha is better then polaris" i am only going to reply to this if its about yamaha
Right, they put a chromalloy rear axel on and give a lifetime warranty on it because they know it's going to break. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally posted by: motox26
Yamaha are most popular because they are extremely reliable and do not break everytime you use them *coughlike polariscough*,
motox26
And here we go![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
its true every person that i know that owns a polaris say they are good and when it comes to riding they allways break I am just going off of my experinces i do not want to start a fight or nothing but if you want to go with polaris go right ahead just take a look at the other brands too like suzuki's vinson or eiger, arctic cat has alot of different quads, and hondas are awesome too
Show me another manufacturer that is offering 3 year warranties and lifetime on some of the major components. Only one brother...they do that because they stand behind their product and trust it's reliability.
lmao they have a 3 year warranty and a lifetime on major components because they f*ck up so much that people are tired of paying for new parts on there brand new machines i do not want to start a fight so i am not going to reply to this post anymore because all we are going to do is steal this thread over "yamaha is better then polaris" i am only going to reply to this if its about yamaha
How 'bout them '01 Rappy trannies. Quality stuff there.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Scootergptx

How 'bout them '01 Rappy trannies. Quality stuff there.
And the early WR and YZ450f's had a lot of tranny failures to.

Old 02-10-2006, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know alot about yamaha to much. but i do know about polaris, there new outlaw is cutting edge, and you can bet your bank account that every other manufacturer is scrambling to do irs on there sports quads. polaris invented it and the produced it!

Old 02-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not a 4X4 person but I can tell you a few things. I personally dont think that Yamaha is on #1 in the reliability area. Not that their atv's are bad at all but I think honda usually takes more time with reliability and makes longer lasting more refined atv's like the 400ex. Think honda civic. lol!!! I do preffer yamaha over honda but thats just me. Yamaha's sport quads usually have high performance as a priority.

What I really like about yamaha is their variety. They didnt have a whole lot in the early years (besides the good ole banshee. Honda had the legendary 250R and atc's, suzuki had the quadrunner 250 and quadzilla) but I think now they have the most variety in the sport quad market. 4 Raptors (I guess thats a good thing?:confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], blaster, banshee, yfz,... Its a good mix IMO.

I think Honda gets its sales based of reliability and surety that your going to be buying an all around good, flexable atv. I used to be more biased toward yamaha but now that I own a suzuki (and love it) I have come to appreciate each brand. I mean, I dont think there is one brand that is better than another in EVERY single thing.

I think polaris makes quality atv's but I dont have any proof to back that considering I have never owned one. I would say 4X4's are their expertise as opposed to sport quads. I would deffinently check out every brand you can. BRP would be another one to check out. I really dont know much about 4X4's and which ones are better so take my advise as you will.

Good luck.

Old 02-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the Grizzly 660 or the Kodiak 450. Both have independent suspension, and both are good machines.

Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

if on a budget might want to look into the bruin i have one and love it never had a problem with it.

Old 02-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks all, really appreciate it!!

Old 02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Yamaha are most popular because they are extremely reliable and do not break everytime you use them *coughlike polariscough*,
motox26
And here we go![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]
its true every person that i know that owns a polaris say they are good and when it comes to riding they allways break I am just going off of my experinces i do not want to start a fight or nothing but if you want to go with polaris go right ahead just take a look at the other brands too like suzuki's vinson or eiger, arctic cat has alot of different quads, and hondas are awesome too

So they would put all those warranties on stuff they know is going to break for what reason? So they could pay to replace it all? That doesn't make sense.

Generally you only put big warranties if you've had quality problems in the past that are now fixed as a way to say "Hey we've got it all fixed now, here's a big warranty to prove it, now get your *** over here and buy our stuff."

Old 02-11-2006, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: slowneasy
if on a budget might want to look into the bruin i have one and love it never had a problem with it.
Agreed, for the money the Bruin is the best deal around! Never let me down yet. The only thing I dont like is the tires, the stock tires are horrible. Easily fixed though with some Mud Lites!

Quick Reply: 2 questions: why yamaha's most popular and ...