Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2 questions: why yamaha's most popular and ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 questions: why yamaha's most popular and ...

Depending on your size, if you choose to go with a yamaha, you might want to go with the kodiak450 over the grizzly660. The reason why I say this, is my dad initially went with the grizzly. Nice and big, plenty of power, and rides like a cadilac. That being said however, he was always sore the day after a ride because of it's large size. He would have to use more muscles more of the time, to control it on the tight trails and such. He has since down-graded to a kodiak 450. Now he can ride days at a time, and rarely if ever gets sore anymore... He LOVES it. He feels more in control, especially with hill climbs and such. He's 60 btw...

I'm more of a kodiak or grizzly type of guy because of the suspension. It's a little more beefy than the cheaper 4x4 quads... the independent rear suspension is a must. The differential lock works great, and button positions are ideal. I've ridden with a lot of guys that have the honda/Kawi/suzi equivalent, and even they have a lot of respect for the grizz and kodiak. Whatever brand you choose, be sure to go with the IDS, and the diff. lock, and you really can't go wrong. JMHO....

Old 02-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

I too am a kodiak 450 yamaha owner. This is the first quad I've ever owned and couldn't be more happy. I have ridden with an AC 400, Honda Forman 450, Suzuki z400, and a couple others. This is one awsome quad, don't let anyone BS You.

Old 02-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Range Rover

Its amazing how fast people jump all over polaris. grizzly rear axles fall out, outlander frames and plastic seem weak, suzuki blew reverse, kawasaki has belt and I heard frame problems with shock tabs comming off there IRS. Hondas had issues with trannys, Every brand has problems, you run what you like and if it breaks you fix it. Every machine breaks and if you disagree you are ful of sh!@.

Old 02-19-2006, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: lawnboy2121
Its amazing how fast people jump all over polaris. grizzly rear axles fall out, outlander frames and plastic seem weak, suzuki blew reverse, kawasaki has belt and I heard frame problems with shock tabs comming off there IRS. Hondas had issues with trannys, Every brand has problems, you run what you like and if it breaks you fix it. Every machine breaks and if you disagree you are ful of sh!@.
I think your full of **** because you didnt say anything bad about polaris i guess because theres so much to list that you dont have enough room to type it or what?

Old 02-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

If you're not gonna post useful information about this man's questions, then don't bother posting at all....