Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how do you fella's like the 350 rap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do you fella's like the 350 rap?

I don't know much about a Raptor 350, but I got the Warrior, and it's easy to pull the front wheel. Just sit further back on the seat, pull the bars, and stab the throttle in first gear and the front will come right up. I was never able to it with the stock 22s though, I got 20s now.

Old 02-13-2006, 12:43 AM
Range Rover

BTW I did hear the rappy 350 was a better trail machine then the Warrior. And I would assume so because it's like 25lbs lighter, plus has better shocks, and carb from the factory.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

I like mine for what it is.Great bike on the mt trails.I can turn it on a dime.The stock shocks,my opinion,junk!They need something with rebound and compression adjustment.In the whoops it bucks and snorts like a bull.Stock tires,no grip.I went to Maxxis Razr,world of differance, love them!Went from 10 in. to 11 in. wide in the rear.Spacers,2 in. each side rear,1 in. in the front,I plant it in a corner now and it sticks.I think it is nose heavy,but I was built with my butt too close to the ground,I think taller riders would have no problem with wheelies.Overall I would'nt trade it for anything,it is a nice little toy.It really tricks out nice,I have mine all spiffed up and love it for the looks.Been trying to get the damn pics up but I'm having problems.I was going to race it this year,but everyone has kind of talked me out of it.They say it would not hold up to the rigors of racing,a-arms frame.You have a great bike depending on what you are doing with it.Thats just my .02.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Trailblazer

what I meant by the DVX looked cheap is that the plastics look crappy. They don't look of any quality to me compared to the Yammie construction. They looked dull and extremely soft... like my Power wheels when I was 3. Just my Obsevation, I'm not trying to start an argument either, but I do enjoy the occasional debate. The lack of lower fenders is a huge turn off to me as well. But like I said... I sell Yammies... I'm biased.

Old 02-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

for what it is its a great bike but to me i cant wait to get rid of it

i Dont feel it has alot of power but for the sizeof the engine it can move

the suspension is garbage the front is terrible but the rear isnt so bad

extremely comfortable bike can ride all day.

i see it as a bike to cruise through the trails at a slow speed.

it has plenty of power to get you into or out of anything as long as you know how to work it.

imo it is the perfect begginer quad for somone who is planning on keeping it for a while.

although with some mods it can be an impressive bike

Old 02-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Trailblazer

My .02......

I have an 05 Raptor350. Simple mods: Razors all around. Pipe, jet, airbox, 12T front sprocket. I will run with anything in the woods. I don't mean just run with, but leave behind. I've ridden with them all: raptor660, KFX700, 450r, 400ex, etc.... IN THE TRAILS I'll leave any of them. On the roads or in a field, that's another story. Better rider? Possibly. But these guys have been riding for years also and are pretty good. Guy on the 400ex I've been riding with for 10 years. I really think i'ts every bit as cabable as any 400, but of course less top end. With all that said, I'm still looking at picking up the new 'Zuki 450. I'm going racing this year, and If I can push the 450 to the limits like I can the 350, I may just win a few races.....lol.

Oh BTW: Wheelies. Second gear, dead stop, not a problem. Third gear, mid way thru the gear, lean back and give a small tug at full throttle, straight up. And I only weigh 160.

Old 02-14-2006, 05:37 PM
Range Rover

Http://www.yfm350central.com

Old 02-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer

uh yeah you are biased.. i dont think the dvx, z or kfx plastics look cheap. yamaha plastics are famous for having strech marks so i wouldnt talk about the AC being cheap

Old 02-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to say my "little" Warrior will stomp your Z400 and its easy to make even mildly modded ones with a 14T beat KFX400s etc...

Old 02-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

Yammies are no more prone to "stretch marks" than any other comapnies plastics... it's the nature of plastic to turn white when they're bent past a certain point. It's not JUST the DVX i'm not impressed with... the quality and look of the prowler leaves alot to be desired, and I'm not big on the rhino. I see my share of yammies roll through the dealership, new used... rode hard and put up wet and otherwise. The Only stretch marks I've seen occure on the edges of the fenders on machines that have been upside down or at least on thier side. And you're right... that would be hard to do on a DVX cause there seems to be hardly any fenders there! I likes my 350... it's a SUPERB trail bike, who cares how fast you can go in a strait line? How fun is that? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: how do you fella's like the 350 rap?