Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hot Cam s1 or s2

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

i just th0ught of this. if i got to 32mm valves and hot cams s1 and kibblewhite springs just on the intake are my valves going to hit my piston. its stock. does anyone know this?

Old 03-01-2006, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

It won't hit. How come you thought it would?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Range Rover
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

Well guys everything is almost done. I went with the 11.1 686, s2 hotcam / w springs, hot rod, and ported / polished head. The motor is at a buddies shop getting the rod put in for $325. The jug is also at another buddies shop getting bored for $50, and i am having the head done for free. Also got the L&A Designs one-way Kit for $254.95, from ripper. All together with parts and labor cost $1190.99. From what i have read on the forum i am going to go to yamaha and get some jets, and start out with 170 - 175. Hopefully this thing will haul some searious a$$ once im done. If you guys have any sugestions let me know.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

sounds like your set to whoop some @ss...you'll love the new power...enjoy!!!

BTW, what piston are you going with?

Old 03-10-2006, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

To get full potential, you will have to change your exhaust.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

I have the full pro circuit exhaust. I know ct is better but i have to stick with what i got right now. Kinda spent my life savings... (jk)

Old 03-10-2006, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

For all of those reading this thread that are not going to go to the trouble of porting, high comp piston and valve springs, keep in mind that the Stage 1 cam gives a great overall power gain. Most noticeable was the bottom and mid power, but top is increased too. My Raptor would run with piped and cam modded YFZ's on Comp hill after a slipon E2 and a cam. I actually liked the powerband of the Raptor better than the YFZ. I was amazed at the torque increase with mine and since it's not a top end cam, you also don't have to worry about replacing the rod or sacrificing reliability.

I would not doubt the Stage 2 power gains, but, there are plenty of riders that would love the extra power of the Stage 1 considering the cost. I got mine on ebay for about $120 and installed it myself in about 2 hours. Compare that expense to the $1200 you've spent on the proper mods to do the Stage 2 cam. For the money, and ease of installation, I vote for the Stage 1.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:52 PM
Range Rover
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

Originally posted by: SandmanBlue
For all of those reading this thread that are not going to go to the trouble of porting, high comp piston and valve springs, keep in mind that the Stage 1 cam gives a great overall power gain. Most noticeable was the bottom and mid power, but top is increased too. My Raptor would run with piped and cam modded YFZ's on Comp hill after a slipon E2 and a cam. I actually liked the powerband of the Raptor better than the YFZ. I was amazed at the torque increase with mine and since it's not a top end cam, you also don't have to worry about replacing the rod or sacrificing reliability.

I would not doubt the Stage 2 power gains, but, there are plenty of riders that would love the extra power of the Stage 1 considering the cost. I got mine on ebay for about $120 and installed it myself in about 2 hours. Compare that expense to the $1200 you've spent on the proper mods to do the Stage 2 cam. For the money, and ease of installation, I vote for the Stage 1.
I dont blame you at all. I was going to do that but i have this big problem of going really freekin fast. So i just sad screw it and went all the way, well what i could afford. (I almost sounded rich there)

Old 03-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

Originally posted by: fordplay2
I have the full pro circuit exhaust. I know ct is better but i have to stick with what i got right now. Kinda spent my life savings... (jk)
I did the same thing. I bought the CT later. That's how I know. I went from a big gun to CT. It was like bolting a rocket motor to the thing.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hot Cam s1 or s2

[i] For the money, and ease of installation, I vote for the Stage 1.
That's fine if your power band isn't that important to you. If you enjoy a nice long power band, you will be happier with the s2.