Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior

[i]Originally posted by: Speedy2222
CLICK IT
I admit that I don't understand this mikuni/dj sizing worth a $hit. But why would every jet in a dynojet jet kit be smaller than the stock jet? It just doesn't make sense. I think we're both missing something from this puzzle.

It could be that because of the way they're cut and drilled, DJ jets flow more fuel than a mikuni jet of the same number, but that's just a guess. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

Originally posted by: recon99
[i]Originally posted by: Speedy2222
CLICK IT
I admit that I don't understand this worth a $hit. But why would every jet in a dynojet jet kit be smaller than the stock jet? It just doesn't make sense. I think we're both missing something from this puzzle.

It could be that because of the way they're cut and drilled, DJ jets flow more fuel than a mikuni jet of the same number, but that's just a guess. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
it's a conversion chart...

also.. stock is 145...

Old 03-06-2006, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I realize it's a conversion chart, i'm not that lost.

What I can't figure out is the part about every jet in the dynojet kit being smaller than the stock jet according to that chart. There's gotta be something that i'm missing. Smaller jets wouldn't do anybody with mods a damn bit of good. I know they flow more fuel than a mikuni jet, becuase it solved my lean problem with a 147.5 mikuni going to a 148 DJ

Old 03-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

I realize it's a conversion chart, i'm not that lost.

What I can't figure out is the part about every jet in the dynojet kit being smaller than the stock jet according to that chart. There's gotta be something that i'm missing. Smaller jets wouldn't do anybody with mods a damn bit of good. I know they flow more fuel than a mikuni jet, becuase it solved my lean problem with a 147.5 mikuni going to a 148 DJ
yea.. the most he would need to go with a HMF ONLY slipon is 147.5 and MAYBE 1/2 turn on the air/fuel screw if u cut/ take off the lid i would run 3/4 turn over what is already there on the air/fuel screw and a 147.5 main.. if u run a uni or K&N run a 150 main and 3/4 on air/fuel screw

Old 03-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dunno, maybe 147.5 will be enough for him, but like I said before, I was shooting flames, popping, overheating, and the pipe was glowing.

But do you have any clue why that conversion chart would lead to the conclusion that every jet in a dynojet kit is smaller than the stock one? I'm stumped.

Old 03-06-2006, 08:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

because there were some kits were mislabeled.. i saw it somewhere... are you 100% sure it was a dynojet kit?

Old 03-06-2006, 08:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It was a moose/dynojet kit. It was the same thing as a regular dynojet kit, it just said Moose on it. There were sizes 128-150 in the instruction sheet's parts list, stamped on the jets, and on the individual plastic bags the jets come in.

I sold the kit about a month ago, but here's the ebay listing for it.

here

Old 03-06-2006, 08:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

idk... it's all fugged up... i would just suggest to buy mikuni jets... not dynojet...

Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If I knew a year ago what I know now I wouldn't have wasted my money on the jet kit. No more jets for me though, the edelbrock is jet-free and here to stay. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

http://hmfengineering.com/jetting/index.php

It doesn't sound even close to stock in person. It's much louder, over 100 db, and has a very deep tone that carries on forever. In that sound clip the recorder was sitting 40 feet away from my warrior when the engine started, maybe that's why it doesn't sound that loud in the clip.
see for me, if i was gonna get an after market pipe, i'd look for a pipe with a good tone, not 100+ decibles...but hey, what ever gives u dem extra horses in the frame

Quick Reply: Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior