Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior

100db really isn't as loud as you might think, it's quiet compared to a piped raptor, predator, or 450. And it does have a really nice tone, it just gets distorted in the clip becasue I recorded it with a $30 mp3 player. Plus, a lot of the noise you hear at the beginning isn't the exhaust, it's the intake. It sounds better than anything else i've heard on a warrior, including WB, FMF Titanium 4, Powercore 4, and the cheap ones.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

uhh...intake doesnt make noise....but anyways, nice pipe...kbye

Old 03-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

that goes to show how much experience you have with this, when the airbox lid is cut or removed you definitely get more noise from it.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Pro Rider

yupp, guess i'm just a big dumb idiot head...i guess an airbox would make enough noise to be louder then the exhaust...ur right....so if cops come for excessive noise they'll probubly put their little sound meter thing up to ur airbox instead of ur exhaust right???

does it sound like a tornado when it gets sucked in? cause it'd have to be ALOT of air getting REALLY sucked in to make any kind of noise

Old 03-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You should probably quit now before you make a bigger fool out of yourself. Anybody that every removed their airbox lid on a 4 stroke will agree with me that they can be loud. Maybe if you ever get your warrior running you could take the lid off and see for yourself, but since you don't have any experience with quads, you're just gonna have to believe me, or keep making an @ss out of yourself arguing about things you have no clue about.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

ehat ever, at least i put the right oil in my quad....and for ur info, i've owned alot of machines..yes, mostly 2 stroke, but my point is, i'm not new to riding. so answer the question...if i cop came to check ur decibles is he gonna go to ur exhaust or to ur air box? honestly

Old 03-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

what does a cop checking sound output have to do with it? They don't put the meter 2 inches from the exhaust, there's a set distance the meter has to be from the quad, so it'll pick up the sound from both. And did I say that all you can hear in the sound clip is my intake? No, i did not. Go read it again. I said SOME of the sound was from the intake, which it is.

And what's this about putting the right oil in your quad? Arent you the one that put regular car oil in, instead of motorcycle/atv oil? Because, gee, I have enough EXPERIENCE with quads to know that you can't do that, or you will ruin your clutch.

Where are you coming from arguing about warriors with me when you haven't even got yours running yet? I've been riding and working on 4 stroke quads for 6 years.

Old 03-07-2006, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

by the way, i'm not trying to start a problem or anything, it just doesnt make sence to me for an airbox to make more noise then an exhuast

but, i havent heard an open air box before, so maybe ur right. but still, think about it from my point of view...air goes INTO the box...then would probubly be silenced somewhere along the way becuase its going INTO the motor... then theres an explosion in the motor and that sound comes out...thats it

NOT TRYING TO MAKE A PROBLEM

kbye

Old 03-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider

actually i did get my warrior running....like, a few weeks ago, i'm just putting the back end back together and having some trouble there (u can make funna me for that if u want) by my quad does run

Old 03-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Who said the intake made more noise than the exhaust? It sure wasn't me. It makes a good bit of noise, more than the stock exhaust, but not half as much as an aftermarket exhaust.

Quick Reply: Awaiting my HMF slip-on for my warrior