Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default lost key

Originally posted by: Just4Kicks
I don't get the feeling that macdady12269a is a quad thief but then I don't know him so... He probably didn't expect to get flamed so badly for his post. Personally, I've trucked my quad out somewhere to go ride only to realize that I left the dam key hanging up in my barn...that really hurt![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I'd personally call a lock smith and ask how much to key the thing. I couldn't imagine it would be more than about $25 or so. Then make some copies in case you lose it again...these things do happen.

As for others not wanting to post how to get around the key issue, I absolutely agree 100%. I had my newspaper stolen yesterday and wanted to kick some a$$ so I could only imagine how pissed I'd be if someone ever stole my ride. But again, no disrespect to you personally, I don't think you are that guy.
Dam J4K, kickin' *** for the newspaper. I'll tell OFC to put it back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2006, 11:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost key

Originally posted by: macdady12269a
they said i had to buy the whole key system and thats like 100 bucks
A new ignition switch and 2 keys for a yamaha warrior is only $60. Just fix it the right way and go buy a new one, or if money is such a big problem, try to get a used one off ebay, or from a local shop that parts them out. Eventually you'll have to fix it right, it's going to look REAL suspicious when a government official looks at it and sees a hole and some bent up paperclips jammed into the connector where there's supposed to be a key switch.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default lost key

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
I don't get the feeling that macdady12269a is a quad thief but then I don't know him so... He probably didn't expect to get flamed so badly for his post. Personally, I've trucked my quad out somewhere to go ride only to realize that I left the dam key hanging up in my barn...that really hurt![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I'd personally call a lock smith and ask how much to key the thing. I couldn't imagine it would be more than about $25 or so. Then make some copies in case you lose it again...these things do happen.

As for others not wanting to post how to get around the key issue, I absolutely agree 100%. I had my newspaper stolen yesterday and wanted to kick some a$$ so I could only imagine how pissed I'd be if someone ever stole my ride. But again, no disrespect to you personally, I don't think you are that guy.
Dam J4K, kickin' *** for the newspaper. I'll tell OFC to put it back. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
What can I say, the morning visit to the thrown just isn't the same with the paper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now you tell OFC I want it back and he better not have wiped with it either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2006, 12:29 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default lost key

Originally posted by: Scootergptx

What can I say, the morning visit to the thrown just isn't the same with the paper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Now you tell OFC I want it back and he better not have wiped with it either.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I doubt god himself knows what Bing and OFC have already done to that paper. lol. j/k. =]

Old 03-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Range Rover
Default lost key

just buy a toggle switch and be done with it.

Old 03-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default lost key

just from my experience ,mods don't go very fast if you can't start you machine ,just by a new or used one ,and be done with it .

Old 03-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default lost key

here you go........key switch click

as far as not posting how to hot wire it i dont see what the big deal is....for example my lakota only has 2 wires going to the key switch..that dosnt leave too much margin for error lol.....even if there are four or five wires running to the switch im sure 10 or 15mins and a few fuses later the person would have it running if they really wanted to...you all should keep your quads in a garage, locked shed or atleast a portable enclosed garage...leaving it outside to be seen is just asking for it to be stolen....

Old 03-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default lost key

Originally posted by: holeshotz8436
here you go........key switch click

as far as not posting how to hot wire it i dont see what the big deal is....for example my lakota only has 2 wires going to the key switch..that dosnt leave too much margin for error lol.....even if there are four or five wires running to the switch im sure 10 or 15mins and a few fuses later the person would have it running if they really wanted to...you all should keep your quads in a garage, locked shed or atleast a portable enclosed garage...leaving it outside to be seen is just asking for it to be stolen....

Not ßîtching at you but if you read closely, it has nothing to do with preventing quad theft. It has everything to do with people hotwiring already stolen quads. Stay cool and ride hard. =]

Old 03-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default lost key

Anything that makes it a little less difficult for them to get stolen is worth the effort in my book, and there's no sense in hot-wiring your own quad. Why modify it when you won't even do some basic maintainance and replace the damn key switch? That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

Old 03-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Range Rover
Default lost key

you guys talking about leaving quads unsecure get this! my neighbor bought a new grizzly last summer he parks his outside his house next to the sidewalk! has been doing this since day one, i told him a dozen times that some night someone is gonna push it away but he just keeps leaving it there, i got three quads and a three wheeler and it pisses the old lady off because she has trouble parking her car in the garage but when the sun goes down so does the door with the atvs inside, has far has losing key happened to me with my tri moto went to ebay got a whole ignition switch with key for 9.99 better off replacing yours gonna have to anyway.

Quick Reply: lost key