Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

lost key

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost key

ok so i get home from riding in maine and when i was going to start my yamaha warrior to put it away i relized the i must have left the key in the hotel in maine or have lost it and i was just woundering if their was any way to start it (hotwire, or jumpstart) it and if so how and help would be great because i want to get back out and ride with this great weather

Old 03-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default lost key

I'm not going to say how to hotwire it, because there's no sense in putting this info out on the web and making it easier for @$$h0le$ to steal our quads.

You can call a yamaha dealer with the serial number on the frame, and they should be able to look up the key number and order you a new one. If not, the worst case scenario is you have to order a new ignition and keys for $50-60.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default lost key

thanks recon but when ever i go to the dealer they always end up raping you and i always end up spending alot of money and i was just looking for an easy fix but thats cool that you dont want to post it because i dont really want any one stealing my quads either but they could always just push it away

Old 03-09-2006, 06:18 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default lost key

I also never give info on it either, besides your better to have a key, than have a ranger see it hot wired and detain you making sure its not stolen. Whats the first thing inna cops head when they see a steering column tore out?

Old 03-09-2006, 06:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default lost key

would any one be willing to email me the way to start it if not any tips or hints that only some one with a warrior would know

Old 03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!
Default lost key

Originally posted by: macdady12269a
would any one be willing to email me the way to start it if not any tips or hints that only some one with a warrior would know
i think that that is a terrible idea.. this is just stupid... just spend the money to go get a key made..

Old 03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Default lost key

As you can see you will find alot of people on here leary of stolen machines. I'm not saying you stole one, but was it hot when you bought it? If not you have nothing to fear when you bring the serial number down and get a new key. Or call a locksmith, but most will record the serial number because this is a problem all over the US. Sorry but those of us who where burned or know people who where burned are always suspicious. It really sucks that our nation has come down to where no one trusts no one anymore. =[

Old 03-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default lost key

i lost my key too. i wish i could help u really bad, cause there is a way to do it that i discovered accidently...everyone is saying dont tell u cause then people will steal their quads, but, they could just as easily got buy a new ignition after they stole it...anyways, in an attempt to not **** anyone off, i wont tell u....but if u go to a bike grave yard or something and find an ignition with the same amount of wires going to it. mines got 4 holes if that helps u

Old 03-09-2006, 07:05 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
Default lost key

Originally posted by: trialsrider172
i lost my key too. i wish i could help u really bad, cause there is a way to do it that i discovered accidently...everyone is saying dont tell u cause then people will steal their quads, but, they could just as easily got buy a new ignition after they stole it...anyways, in an attempt to not **** anyone off, i wont tell u....but if u go to a bike grave yard or something and find an ignition with the same amount of wires going to it. mines got 4 holes if that helps u
Great reply and an unthought of option. =]

PS: I don't think peeps are worried about people (as much) hotwiring quads to steal them but hotwiring them after they have been stolen. But that was a great reply, Kudos. =]

Old 03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default lost key

ooo, forgot one thing about getting a switch off another bike...its gotta have the key...incase u couldnt figure that part out...cause it doesnt just magically make one...kbye

Quick Reply: lost key