Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

raptor 700 exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor 700 exhaust

Now that more and more exhausts have been released, what are you all running as far as exhausts. I saw an exhaust shootout in atvsport, and the best looking ones in that shootout where the CT and the WB. I like the looks of the WB much much more though, and its probably a lot less weight than the disc type CT.
What was missing in the shootout was the twobros racing m-7 exhaust. I like that they kept the stock oval design, and the over all looks is second to none IMO. However, I havent read one thing about the twobros. I am kind of curious how they perform, and what the horsepower looks like. I ride street bikes and the two bros sound and run out great!
Anyway, just wondering what everyone is running as we are shopping for an exhaust, intake and ecu. Were looking at the prodesign for the intake (is there anything better?), and either the doebeck or power commander for the ecu module.
Thanks for your input!!

Old 03-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

I am running the HMF slip-on, Pro-Design intake, and Dobeck TFI and i really like it. The HMF is a little loud for some people though. Also what all pipes were in that shoot-out and what were the horsepower numbers on each. Thanks Jamie Mace

Old 03-15-2006, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

I also have hmf. Mine is the full system. Ilike it alot.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone have the GYT-R or the DR.D on there 700R??? I know DR.D makes outstanding products, however I'm debating between that and the GYT-R? Opinions?

Old 03-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Range Rover

I ordered an HMF full system w/quiet core for mine, but returned it because it was severely scratched. Now I'm back where I started, do I re-order another HMF full system or look else where? I'm thinking of waiting for some solid numbers or a "shoot-out" comparison before making anymore purchases. I do have a PCIII and Trinity Intake setup. Like em' a lot.

I think LTE duals are a sweet setup and they appear to have solid numbers. They claim to have 13hp gains. Maybe those will be my choice.

Just my thoughts......

Smuznu

Old 03-15-2006, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

I also have a full HMF and love it, But i dont feel that it is as loud as some other pipes. still sounds awesome. I wouldnt change brands if i had a chance, i love my HMF and im not gonna pay twice the price for 1 more hp. I got my full system and quiet core for under $400

Old 03-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Im running the Trinity full system. Ive stated many times that I believe they have the best header design on the market. Their system makes great power, is loud as hell.....only downside for me is that it whistles when you let off the gas.

Im running the Dynojet programmer. It was the most expensive, but its upgradeable and easy to use with my lap top. Only downside is the mounting is restricted to velcros, unless you were to make a stand alone bracket system for it......damn, i think ill have to do that!

I run the Pro Design intake with foam filter and like it. Installation was easy, fit perfect. Im not having any issues with it.

Running a dual exhaust such as LTE, will yield more top end hp, but lose low end torque. It will weigh more than a single system as well. My 700 has plenty of low and mid, but the top end leaves something to be desired for.

Old 03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: sikraptor700
I also have a full HMF and love it, But i dont feel that it is as loud as some other pipes. still sounds awesome. I wouldnt change brands if i had a chance, i love my HMF and im not gonna pay twice the price for 1 more hp. I got my full system and quiet core for under $400

Sikraptor,
Under $400??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Where the hell did you find that good of a deal? (Especially in blue w/ quiet core). I sent mine back due to scratches on the canister, but I paid almost $500. If I can get another one for under $400, I'll order it today.

Let me know.

Smuznu

Old 03-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Trailblazer

SMTRDSPORT I have GYT-R system and I love it. Nice sound to it. I heard the DR.D pipe slows it down that was one of the bad ones for the raptor 700 or so they say.

Old 03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, sounds like HMF is popular. I like them, but I too have heard the noise facotr is up there. i would like to stay under 100db if I could.

"mace" I think it was like atvsport or atv rider. Something like that. They had the ct, hmf, dr.d, pc, wb e2 and alum pro, yoshi, and a few other od ball ones. They do have the HP and TQ curves for the pipes. CT made the best over all power, but I think its kinda ugly and HEAVY. Yosh made the best peak HP, but they said the actually riding power sucked. They seaid they would go with the WB alum pro for racing.
I am kinda between the two bros, cause It looks so cool, and the WB cause of the performance. It pretty much had the curve of the WB alum pro.

Its between the WB and the Two Bros for me. Cant find on bit of info on the two bros though, except on there site. Their dyno is weird. the stock curve doesnt look anything like anyone elses. There pipe made 3-4 more hp in the low and high end, but the mid range peak power was exactly the same as stock. THOUGH THEY DIDNT RUN IT WITH AN ECU, just lid off and slip on pipe.

Anyway, thanks for your input.......if theres more, keep on goin.

What about the prodesign intake vs the trinity intake. Is it just me or is the trinity bigger?

How about the rumor that the trinity ecu works better and is limitless as far as programming, and the doebeck has limits for people with the 734 kit. Is the dyno jet Power Commander one of those that you can hook up to your computer and adjust the curves and such on screen. I know they have em like that for the street bikes?

Quick Reply: raptor 700 exhaust