Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee a arms on a warrior?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee a arms on a warrior?

some of the other brands are just a little ahead of yamaha.
dont want to start a pissing match, but want to give credit where it is due- yamaha is often the first to come out with something before the others. (i know suzuki invented the segment so dont even go there; this is about yamaha).

sadly, it's honda- the big red army with unlimited cash and the potential to dominate every category that often lags behind; granted its a good product when it finally does arrive but recently, i think and still do, that yamaha totally nailed the 450 market. the honda 450r is a good bike, but it is not a legend. the YFZ450 is a better 450. and they have another winner with the 700 raptor. a blaster repalcement is coming and the other myriad, assortment of raptors arent going anywhere. plus they have some pretty good utes...i dont think they are really lagging behind anyone.

in what areas are the others ahead? there maybe a feature or 2 on a couple bikes from the other OEMs that may SEEM ahead, but if you look across the entire lineup i think you'll see that yamaha is clearly more agressive. and they were the only ones to NOT totally abandon the sport market for the 'dark ages' of atving in the 90's.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee a arms on a warrior?

o i agree totally... yamaha was the first to come out with the yfz, and there a good 3 years old now and they are still up there with the best of the new ones. i guess i was wrong i realy didnt think b4 i wrote that because really yamaha is the leader n the fourwheeling industry now. they got all the most powerful machines yet most of them are cheaper then the new ones everyone else comes out with. SORRY for all the mishap