Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help with TORRS-Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000, 01:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been three years and 45,000 beers since I put my last MP twist throttle on. When you remove the e-brake and thumb throttle(stock)whats the trick to the wiring (un-wiring) a 2000 Banshee? When I thought I was done and finished adjusting the carbs, started the bike and it wound out like full throttle. I know the carbs are right, I just cannot remember which electric connects to remove. I tore the plastic off my 98 to compare and the same plugs are undone (Black box left side, two carb plugs, clutch tors wire and thumb throttle tors wire). Any help?

Old 11-16-2000, 06:41 PM
Range Rover

The electronics won't make it rev. Only sputter or not start at all.

I ran mine with and with out the TORS. The only time I ever had problems was when I got crud in my throttle cable. The thing was pinned. I had to turn the key on and off and on and off and on and off, etc, just to get home!

Check the cable for *any* resistance, make sure the carb slides and TORS linkage are very clean and move freely.

Old 11-16-2000, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

I agree with the last post. If anything the TORS system will make it bog or shut down not rev. The only things that will cause it to rev is a leak in the intake or a stuck carb or cable. Hope this helps.

Old 11-16-2000, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I agree also. The TORS won't make it revv. There's an air leak somewhere or your slides are blocked open (if you say they're not then there's an air leak somewhere around the intake)

Old 11-17-2000, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes the tors will make it bog. check to make sure you put the correct slide in the correct carb. Yes they are different. switch them and the bike will run great. Just something i learned when my frineds banshee ran like ish

Old 11-17-2000, 03:15 AM
Range Rover

Motion pro makes a tors eliminator kit. It sheds a couple of pounds by removeing those ponderous switches on top of the carbs. Once they are removed, the carbs can easily be taken off or replaced with the tank and pipes still on.

Old 11-17-2000, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider

The tors units where designed to stop the bike from revving out of control...are you sure that you did not put the slides in backwards?
If they are correct...make sure the cable is not binding...Look inside the intakes to the carbs and make sure you have a full range of motion with both slides at the same time. A very badly leaned out bike can often rev out of control too..

Good luck.

Old 11-17-2000, 12:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your replies. It was the cable(new motion pro)where it splits into two. The plastic housing was cracked and was causing the cable to stick. I took it back to the local shop and they replaced it.