Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Stripped carb bolt

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped carb bolt

Incredible difference. I can't even put it into words. I've been doing one thing at a time to see what mod makes what difference. My Banshee is a 1999. Pre-owned by a little old lady (so I was told). Stock when I got it. First was taking off the TORS. That made some difference; although, I'm not sure if that is really a power mod or not. Then came the DynaJet kit with appropriate jetting and needle. Woke her right up. Next was the Delta Force III reeds. Incredible! Snappy, quick, responsive. Thought it couldn't get any better than that as far as responsiveness...boy, was I wrong. Then came the RB carb mod. Ron puts a divider plate in the carb, bores and tapers and I think also does something special with the pilot circuit. He recommended 27.5 pilot jets with the mod. It's drop-jaw quick! SO much fun at the dunes, there's no way I can even describe it. It's something you would have to feel for yourself. He also mods the head, which I have, but haven't had it put on yet. That will be the next step. I'm a fairly light person (115 pounds) so didn't really have enough weight on the seat to pop the front end up without maybe a yank with the throttle. Now with this carb mod, it is scary how easy the front comes up, from a sit still position. The bottom is so incredibly strong and responsive. Power right NOW! Almost makes it tricky to get her loaded into the toy hauler. The fun part is that even though you have power right now, there is still that great 2-stroke hit when you open it up, just a little more subtle and you are there lower in the gears. It's just power, power, power. Of course, it helps to have a master tuner at my beckon call (my boyfriend....I certainly don't do all this myself, being a girlie person and all).

Just tested it last weekend at the dunes, and it's unbelievable. I'm almost afraid to have the head put on. He says it will make it even stronger than it is.....I can't imagine it.

Yeah, he does the cash thing. But, you won't find a more honest, detailed, master machinist...from personal experience. Not sure what he can do on the clutch end. You'd have to ask him.

Old 04-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

I doubt that carb boring will make a big difference for a 421 4 stroke. How much does it run? I would like to get some of this stuff done but being so busy its a pain to ship stuff all around and pain in cash.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

I'm sure you are right on that. Wouldn't really make as remarkable a difference in a big 4-stroke, like it does on the Banshee. He has a price list somewhere on his site. He really is the best person to ask about prices, what he can do with the other machining you were wanting, etc. Hope you got those stripped screws out without too much cursing. ; )