Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Power Commander Map????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander Map????

Just got the new Power Commander III and didn't have it programmed. I went to the web site but don't see a map for my configuration. What do I do? This is all new to me...HELP

Old 04-12-2006, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander Map????

You have a few options.

The first one is free, and only requires you to try it out, check the plug and see if it seems right.

Pick a map that has Brand x slip on, with a pro deign intake or similar, and send the map to the programmer. Try it out, see how the bike reacts. If its feels like it stumbles from not enough fuel or doesnt rev up from being too rich, you can make adjustments, or try a different map. You can look at the fuel values as far as rich lean for every map for comparrison. I did this when i only had a slip on, and the first map i tried was too lean in a certain range and would hesitate and pop right off idle.

The next option is also free, but will take time. You can request that Dynojet makes a map for that slip on. They may or may not do it. I requested they make a map for my Trinity exhaust with Pro design intake(foam filter). They said theyd consider it.......2 weeks later they had a map for that exhaust and that intake except with a KN filter. It hauls *** and never hiccups.

The last option is to go to a Dynojet authorized tuning center and pay big $$$ to put it on the dyno and have them tune your bike.

Now im curious. Did you get this particular slip on cuz you got a good deal and then decide to get a programmer with no support for it? Dynojet has maps for several other exhaust systems.