Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DECIDED!! My first ATV a Warrior! Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DECIDED!! My first ATV a Warrior! Questions

hey guys,

I can't thank you guys enough for all the help. Especially recon....

Well,

I bought it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I went there to ride it and it was perfect, no bends in the frame at all, motor ran good.
Heres the Specs,

BTW, I got it for $800, Tell me if i got a good deal.

1989 Warrior 350

Bored .40 over........(what does this exactly mean?I know how its done but does .40 over mean 40CC more? )
Full Brand New skid plates (looks nice)
Performance White Bro's Exhaust
New Sprocket and Chain
New Tires
Valves Adjusted
New shocks, A-Arms and bushings
Maybe a cam? I can't tell and the owner isn't sure since he bought it 2 months ago and he wanted a motorcycle so hes selling.
It's FAST
No rips in the Seat
New Clutch
Brand New nerf bars

THE BAD
I'm not sure if this is bad but heres the thing with burning oil.........At idle burns no oil, at half throttle burns no oil, at 75% throttle burns no oil, at Wide Open Throttle and only at the top of the gears it burns alittle oil.
How bad is this?

Also I dont think this is so bad but you have to move the level back and forth by hand to shift into reverse, but it works perfect.

Needs starter clutch but starts so easy pull start i might wait a bit, i mean you hardly have to pull it and it starts right up.

So the question is did i get a good deal?

Pics to come

Old 05-06-2006, 12:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

.40 over means i beleive .4 cm over on the bore size and if it's .4 this isn't the first time it has blown up... may want to check jetting before you go riding... and it wprolly sat for a while... are the tires dry rotted? and if it is using oil... i would suggest to tear it down and replace the rings... and check for cylinder warp/ groves

also.. the reverse lever... that's how it is suppose to work :-p

Old 05-06-2006, 12:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If it has everything you say it does than it's a great deal. Did he show you any receipts to prove that it has all the new stuff? Just the cost of the aftermarket and new parts on it is worth more than you paid for it, so it shoud be hard to go wrong with this deal.

The smoking is probably from piston rings that are getting worn or weren't broken in properly to begin with. It depends on how hard you're going to ride it, but I probably wouldn't worry too much about a little smoke at full throttle.

I think I would still look into replacing the starter clutch. Even if you don't want to spend $200 on new parts you could take a chance with a used starter clutch on ebay, probably around $50 there. It's taking a chance though, because this part is a normal wear item on warriors, so you could be buying one that's on it's way out already.

Being bored .40 over will put it at 357cc, original is 349 so you're not going to notice a power difference from that. At least that shows that sometime in it's lifetime the owner cared enough to actually rebuild the top end, instead of just riding it until it quit running or blew up.

Get some pics up man, i'd love to see it!