Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Tie Down Points

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tie Down Points

Do you have a picture of your trailer? Do you tie your quads down perpendicular to the trailer?

Old 07-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tie Down Points

I do a few things to ensure that my machine stays put. First I installed two Pringle front wheel chocks that are bolted down to the trailer. I make sure that the machine is fully engaged into the chocks then I ratchet a special strap between each corner of the front frame bar to the D rings I installed in the front corners of the trailer. These straps have hooks and an extra nylon loop on one end that loop around the machine frame member so that the hooks aren't in direct contact with the frame but engage the extra loop on the strap. I follow the same proceedure for the rear of the machine and I make sure that I have drawn the straps tight enough to pull the suspension down about 2". Finally I make sure that I set my parking brake and have my machine in park.

Never had a problem with this set-up.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tie Down Points

Originally posted by: Broadjumper
I do a few things to ensure that my machine stays put. First I installed two Pringle front wheel chocks that are bolted down to the trailer. I make sure that the machine is fully engaged into the chocks then I ratchet a special strap between each corner of the front frame bar to the D rings I installed in the front corners of the trailer. These straps have hooks and an extra nylon loop on one end that loop around the machine frame member so that the hooks aren't in direct contact with the frame but engage the extra loop on the strap. I follow the same proceedure for the rear of the machine and I make sure that I have drawn the straps tight enough to pull the suspension down about 2". Finally I make sure that I set my parking brake and have my machine in park.

Never had a problem with this set-up.
Good lord...thats not going anywhere, you can never be too careful I guess. I usually just slide mine sideways on the trailer and tie to the front bumper and the grab bar.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tie Down Points

I'll try and get some pics up ,now that I have a digatal camera , I'll put it on and take some pics ,my trailers are custom made stricktly for ATV's .more tie down points you have the more options you have for secureing them down ,
But I do say keep the tires from moving and the suspension can bounce all it wants .