Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help with my Raptor (very frustrating)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 04:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with my Raptor (very frustrating)

Thanks for all the help, I should've came here back when it first happened like 2 months ago. Is it normal for a Raptor barley a year old to be experiencing this? To top it off, I try to keep my quad in the best condition as I can, not like my cousin letting everyone ride HIS raptor and rolling it 5 times breaking all the plastics. And he even crosses rivers and ramps the hell out of his bike with no carb problems. He's never even touched his carb, that little.....

Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: 2Dope
Thanks for all the help, I should've came here back when it first happened like 2 months ago. Is it normal for a Raptor barley a year old to be experiencing this? To top it off, I try to keep my quad in the best condition as I can, not like my cousin letting everyone ride HIS raptor and rolling it 5 times breaking all the plastics. And he even crosses rivers and ramps the hell out of his bike with no carb problems. He's never even touched his carb, that little.....
yes,,,its normal for a raptor unfortunately

the dual carbs can be a bag of tricks

If dialed,,,the bike is a monster,,,,if not,,,,they will either run dry on long WOT runs,,,,or run too rich going up an incline.

Old 05-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Range Rover

i had the same problem with my 05 rapptor s.e. same exact thing new since nov . same issuses went through all the carb things floats and all and then i went back to basic took the tank off drained it took out the fuel petcock and what da ya know the main gas in line filter {brass rapped around plastic tube] was covered in black cutting from the tank itself so i claened it out main and resverve and what da ya say runs perfect know . check that out baiclly not geting enough fuel