banshee vs. raptor 700

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee vs. raptor 700

Originally posted by: FasterdeRapMakeMeHap
"CA'NT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" <----- Qoute Rodney King LA Riots
KrazyK I'm sure your a ok kinda guy in your own way, but you really should try to tone it down a bit, or take a chill pill before you get on. We all like to think we have the fastest Quad on the planet, the problem is: IT'S A DARN BIG PLANET! Let me share a few of my personal hands on experiences with you. Buy the way I've been playing in the dirt for 36 years, and I love competition.
I bought a new 700R from the dealer loaded it in my truck and brought it streight to Trinity Racing here in So. Cal. Basically Told them What ever you have that's fast bolt it on, money is not an object. All engine work, and all highly Modified. Dyno Tuned @ 63 rwhp . Pick it up an tried to do a proper breaking Ha Ha. Got about 20 hrs runtime in, Dumped 104 octane fuel in and headed for glammis on spring break weekend and spent 4 days out there. Spent alot of time a Competition hill and Oldsmobile it was busy. I would guess 400 -- 600 Quads There.
Stop right now KrazyK! Chill life is good! 450yfz, Preditor,450R,450LTZ,Banshee all where lunch.dinner or a mere snack. As a Matter of fact there was'nt a faster Quad than mine I could find out of everone at the start line on those hills for two days. Check out my Pics. to prove this. and more if you would like to see your bike. Yes it's Quite likely if you where their that weekend you also would have been just another notch on my sandstars. I Would have mounted my helmet cam that day ,but I need to do a remount for taking video behind me.
Do I Have the fastest Quad on the Planet? Certainly not!
Did I Have the Fastest Quad in 400--600 at Glammis spring break weekend? I certainly like to think so, but then again who would'nt! Considering the laws of average it would probably
fairly stupid of me to think I'm the fastest out of 600 Quads. It's a darn big Panet and their will allway be someone faster, that's what makes the sport so much fun!
Think about it, if you where the fastest guy in the US on the badest quad ever built in human history an this was a well Known Everwhere, who would you compete with?
Everyone on this fourm is usally fairly respectful including Ozark38 so why not make friends have a good time, and save the aggression for race day or trackside.

Good post, I've been staying away from this one as I see Krazy Cracker has pretty much the same attitude in all his posts here on the connection.

I too have seen pretty much the same results as you on a smaller playground with less quads and mine with less mods but also on the lowley sandstars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I pretty much feel the way you do, theres always someone faster around the next corner, but it sure is fun being king of the hill once in a while [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I figure the sun has to shine on a dogs a$$ every so often[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Range Rover

funny!!, try racing a quad that has work done a piped banshee give me a break thats nothing to brag about.
on the other hand i can see that your 50 so maybe i should respect my elders....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2006, 06:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: KRAZYKRACKER
funny!!, try racing a quad that has work done a piped banshee give me a break thats nothing to brag about.
on the other hand i can see that your 50 so maybe i should respect my elders....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Nobody cares what you think about your yfz, this thread is about banshees and 700R's. And no, we don't care about your transitive equalities regarding the yfz either. If you've got something to say on topic, please do so; just spare us your yfz praise.

I've been seeing piped banshees beat bone 700Rs. I havent seen any bolt on shees running bolt on 700's though.

Old 06-04-2006, 09:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok i have a 700 raptor and my buddy has a 1992 shee and hes got it jetted and piped but not fully all i got is the high performance gytr intake and billet and in the long run his shee is like a mile an hour faster , but its a two stroke and he cant stay pinned on it like i can (and this was down the road) and i smoke my brothers stock yfz450 like its not movin

Old 06-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Thank you FasterdeRap!......... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I guess we can't totally blame Krazy for his way of thinking cause maybe (just maybe) he hasn't been beat by a lot of quads.....hence why I say he hasn't been around a lot of quads.
I get thinking that way myself sometimes with this 700 but then someone faster will give me a reality check on a machine I thought I could beat. Its all in good fun anyway and there's always going to be someone faster...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Trailblazer

My banshee smoked two Raptor 700's and a yfz450 in a drag race on a dry lake. Mine has bald tires and still beat them by at least a quad length. One 700 was all stock, the other 700 had a DMC full exhaust system, the yfz was piped and jetted.

-------------------------
'91 Banshee
Toomey T5
382cc Pistions
K&n Clamp-ons
jetted by Trinity Racing

Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

the 700 isnt even that fast it is still top heavy and heavy period. my buddy smokes them with his yfz.. so all you fools who sold your yfz or whatever for a 700 you are trully stupid . you will never beat a 450 yammi or a suz and you will never beat a banshee so dream on !!
Your a Dumb@ss...Get your @ss out here to texarcana sand drags.. Or Little sahara Oklahoma.. And ill show you how a rappy can run.. Ill half track your Smart @ss..

Old 08-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Bansheednr
My banshee smoked two Raptor 700's and a yfz450 in a drag race on a dry lake. Mine has bald tires and still beat them by at least a quad length. One 700 was all stock, the other 700 had a DMC full exhaust system, the yfz was piped and jetted.

Welcome to the forums, You picked a nice topic to post on as your first topic. I have yet to race a 700 raptor but hopefully soon....

Old 08-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, the raptor 700 is faster, so is the 660, get their faster people..

Old 08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
Range Rover

Its kind of funny that at the dunes I must of raced 10 banshees and they were all piped and I blew them all away by about 40 quads on my stock raptor 660. Banshees from what I see are not very fast so I dont know what all the hype is about. I thought id make my raptor even faster with an yosh rs3 exhaust and it runs like **** now so i dont know what up.

Quick Reply: banshee vs. raptor 700