Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee vs. raptor 700

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee vs. raptor 700

I dont know who the hell to believe here about anything but I have an 04 raptor 660 piped (yoshi) and jetted and an 87 banshee piped (toomey) jetted and bored .060 and my banshee will smoke the raptor.

Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: CHEVYTECH25
I dont know who the hell to believe here about anything but I have an 04 raptor 660 piped (yoshi) and jetted and an 87 banshee piped (toomey) jetted and bored .060 and my banshee will smoke the raptor.
Completly correct. There is now way a raptor 700 will ever beat a banshee dollar for dollar, it just ain't gonna happen. However, it is closer than I would have though. (I could still slightly see the raptor behind) lol

Old 08-02-2006, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Hey Krazy krack head
Why don't you take your super sonic 450 out to 339 AVE and Indian Shool and see how it does against some good competition We are racing out there every Saturday night after you smoke everybody then come back and talk smack and I will back you up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

Exactly. A modded shee, with an exprienced pilot is no joke. As a matter of fact, both my shees eat my zilla {and it's obviously no slouch} for breakfast.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Tpsycho
Hey Krazy krack head
Why don't you take your super sonic 450 out to 339 AVE and Indian Shool and see how it does against some good competition We are racing out there every Saturday night after you smoke everybody then come back and talk smack and I will back you up [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
now that's a match I'd pay to see [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Oh yeah and, Krazy Kracker, this a 700 vs banshee forum, so take your imaginary 450 and go pretend it's fast somewhere else.

Old 08-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

This is the way i look at it... How much is the new raptor? prolly 8 grand er so. By the time you have a total of 8 grand into a banshee theres no way a raptor will beat it. Dollar for Dollar.. hp for hp.. mph for mph.. banshee hands down. You can spend 3 grand on a 700r and get the same results from dropping $1000 into a banshee... But thats how yamaha makes money, claiming there newest quad is the best and fastest.... o well...

EFI is a good move up for quads, but other than that im not impressed with the 700r.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Dollar for dollar you can not touch a Banshee as far as hop ups go and they are only 350cc And if you up the displacement on them they only get scary faster.
When I hear guys talking about how fast their four strokes are and they are beating banshee's it is obviouse to me that they are racing small bore banshee's with little or no work done on them. I race at the drags on the weekends and some of the drag banshee's on alchohol are so fast it is hard to hold on to them. I have riden Doug's alchohol banshee from D&M racing at it was Probably 3 times quicker than my Banshee I had and alot more compared to my four strokes.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

You might spend less on a Banshee, but it'll still cost more to maintain in the long run wouldn't it?

I really don't think it's fair that people compare 2-strokes with 4-strokes. I would love to see a formula that would tell us just how much more power a 2 stroke of the same displacement as a 4 stroke would make. I know that it's not twice as much, but it's gotta be more than 1 and a half right?

Old 08-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Pro Rider

Yes two strokes take alot more time as far as maintenance but they are very reliable as long as you take care of them and keep them in somewhat stock form once you go to the big bores on alchohol you loose alot of reliability but they are one hell of a ride. As far as the power differance I am not sure it depends on the bike I have seen some honda 250R quads that smoke lt 500's I would like to see someone post all of the dyno numbers on two strokes verses fourstrokes stock and fully modified but I doubt this would ever happen.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:58 AM
Pro Rider

The built 4 stroke is a more versatile machine than a built up 2 stroke. My Raptor makes just shy of 60hp on the dyno. I've spent a ton of money on it to get that power. At the dunes it takes a very serious machine to outrun me but yes there are plenty that do. I can also take the same Raptor to the trails and ride all day. The built banshee with the CPIs isnt exactly a trail machine. All in all, dollar for dollar the banshee is alot cheaper to make faster. The banshee can be built up to be faster than a Raptor can. A built Raptor can still be a good trail and dune quad, the built shee is a duner.

Quick Reply: banshee vs. raptor 700