Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee vs. raptor 700

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee vs. raptor 700

hey sup guys? I juss raced muh buddy's rappy 700 today twice...the first time he had me until he found out i had a higher top speed. the second time i took him off the start and stayed in front and pulled away after i hit 6th gear...now i don't wanna start sumthin here but do u think i can still beat him if he gets and exhaust system? i rode his bike and dang was that fun...lotta torque and power a whole lot different from my shee. but both are great machines and both are enjoyable. but yea...juss wanted to know if anyone could help...thankx.

Old 05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

What mods do you have done to your Banshee?

If your the average pipes\filter no lid\rejet, and your friend does full exhaust, filter no lid\programmer...the 700 will have more power.

Banshees really shine when they are ported with big carbs.

Old 05-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Here's my take on a drag between the Banshee and the Raptor 700.

Let's assume that there's a 45 degree incline (drag is uphill) and you race for several miles. The Raptor 700 will probably destroy the Banshee because it's got EFI.

-Jed

Old 05-29-2006, 12:08 AM
Range Rover

the 700 isnt even that fast it is still top heavy and heavy period. my buddy smokes them with his yfz.. so all you fools who sold your yfz or whatever for a 700 you are trully stupid . you will never beat a 450 yammi or a suz and you will never beat a banshee so dream on !!

Old 05-29-2006, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KRAZYKRACKER
the 700 isnt even that fast it is still top heavy and heavy period. my buddy smokes them with his yfz.. so all you fools who sold your yfz or whatever for a 700 you are trully stupid . you will never beat a 450 yammi or a suz and you will never beat a banshee so dream on !!
Just handed one his *** yesterday and so did my buddy with his Predator!..............and he didn't know which way was up cause he said his yfz was faster than his Banshee!......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
.................UMM, so you must be a crazy cracker, homme......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Range Rover

thats sounds like b.s to me! the guy you raced must have sucked big time! a novice or some shiz
or maybe your a LIAR...

Old 05-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Range Rover

why do you care.... the yfz isnt anything special. jeez.

Old 05-29-2006, 05:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KRAZYKRACKER
thats sounds like b.s to me! the guy you raced must have sucked big time! a novice or some shiz
or maybe your a LIAR...
...........and just maybe your a idiot who obviously doesn't ride with other quads very much and don't know what the fuch YOUR talking about...........and if your a smartass like you are on the internet I see why!............

Old 05-29-2006, 06:47 PM
Range Rover

ever been to glamis ? a couple people ride there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Trailblazer

"CA'NT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" <----- Qoute Rodney King LA Riots
KrazyK I'm sure your a ok kinda guy in your own way, but you really should try to tone it down a bit, or take a chill pill before you get on. We all like to think we have the fastest Quad on the planet, the problem is: IT'S A DARN BIG PLANET! Let me share a few of my personal hands on experiences with you. Buy the way I've been playing in the dirt for 36 years, and I love competition.
I bought a new 700R from the dealer loaded it in my truck and brought it streight to Trinity Racing here in So. Cal. Basically Told them What ever you have that's fast bolt it on, money is not an object. All engine work, and all highly Modified. Dyno Tuned @ 63 rwhp . Pick it up an tried to do a proper breaking Ha Ha. Got about 20 hrs runtime in, Dumped 104 octane fuel in and headed for glammis on spring break weekend and spent 4 days out there. Spent alot of time a Competition hill and Oldsmobile it was busy. I would guess 400 -- 600 Quads There.
Stop right now KrazyK! Chill life is good! 450yfz, Preditor,450R,450LTZ,Banshee all where lunch.dinner or a mere snack. As a Matter of fact there was'nt a faster Quad than mine I could find out of everone at the start line on those hills for two days. Check out my Pics. to prove this. and more if you would like to see your bike. Yes it's Quite likely if you where their that weekend you also would have been just another notch on my sandstars. I Would have mounted my helmet cam that day ,but I need to do a remount for taking video behind me.
Do I Have the fastest Quad on the Planet? Certainly not!
Did I Have the Fastest Quad in 400--600 at Glammis spring break weekend? I certainly like to think so, but then again who would'nt! Considering the laws of average it would probably
fairly stupid of me to think I'm the fastest out of 600 Quads. It's a darn big Panet and their will allway be someone faster, that's what makes the sport so much fun!
Think about it, if you where the fastest guy in the US on the badest quad ever built in human history an this was a well Known Everwhere, who would you compete with?
Everyone on this fourm is usally fairly respectful including Ozark38 so why not make friends have a good time, and save the aggression for race day or trackside.

Quick Reply: banshee vs. raptor 700