Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

drag racing beef

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag racing beef

Originally posted by: kingofthemudholes
U know what? I had to get this off of my chest. I was reading through the post earleir and all of these people on here including me are always talking about drag racing on paved and dirt roads. But my problem is our quads were designed for that. I do it to I know, but i dont think I will post any more questions about dragging. After reading, I found out how stupid I sounded when I would argue with someone about my quads beating their quad in a straight out drag race. There is no skill in drag racing punch them and shift gears whoop-de-do. Sorry, guys that had to come out.
How bout when you line up 5-8 or 10 quads to drag at the same time......alot of factors influence the outcome(besides pinning the throttle)

Old 06-06-2006, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default drag racing beef

i bet my cow could beat ur cow all up and down the dragway

Old 06-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag racing beef

Hmmm, sounds like someone's been getting spanked!
I was thinking the same thing....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Range Rover
Default drag racing beef

Hmmm, sounds like someone's been getting spanked!

I am in complete agreement. That is the only sort of racing besides flat circle track that interests me.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing beef

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Everyone knows pork would beat beef in a drag race. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Possibly. I think the beef would get the advantage off the line, but the pork would probably pull away at the top end.

This is assuming stock vs. stock of course.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default drag racing beef

Originally posted by: LarryHagmansLiver
This is assuming stock vs. stock of course.
Definitely stock. No genetically altered or steroid additives.

Ever been to a county fair where they had a "catch the greased cow" contest? That's proof alone how much quicker those pigs really are. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default drag racing beef

For some reason it always seems that the people claiming drag racing takes no skill are also the ones bringing up the rear.

If this takes no skill then maybe we should get rid of the NHRA...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2006, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag racing beef

Free range meat products will always win.
As far as drag racing, it's fun to do every now and then. It has it's own "niche". And some people love doing it as much as I love riding my quad in the trails. Some people purpose build their quads for this. And there isn't anything wrong with that. That's their thing.

It does get irritating listening to all the children with the "Oh yea, well blah blah blah." My brother and a buddy are all about talking about how their YFZ's spank a LTR in a drag, it says the same thing in whatever the last ATV mag was that I read. But, it also said that the LTR turned much faster lap times in the environment that these quads were designed for. We all trail ride, not drag or MX so none of it has any significance.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default drag racing beef

even if he has, so what, that just means he doesnt have as much money in his quad as the other guy, and what does that prove??
Uh...he still has money? LOL

Old 06-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Trailblazer
Default drag racing beef

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Free range meat products will always win.
Yeah, but what about the X-factor - Chicken. Small, nimble, very favorable power to weight ratio.

Quick Reply: drag racing beef