Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I have had enough...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have had enough...

With CT.
I have had nothing but trouble with my CT Racing Raptor 660 exhaust. I paid $700+ for the header, silencer, K&N and jets. First of all, the header if recieved initially didn't fit, so I had to wait a week to have them ship me a new one. Now last weekend, for the THIRD time the bolts that hold the endcap in the silencer rattled out. After the first time (when I lost the bolts, endcap and packing while riding) I called CT and they told me to use lock tight, which I did. That didn't help because the bolts have rattled out twice more, I have been lucky and have found the endcap the other two times. I will NEVER by anything from CT again, the customer service is bad and the pipe sounds and performs good, but it is just not reliable.

Has anybody else had trouble with CT because most people praise them as great, but I have had a lot of trouble with their service and products.

Old 06-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If i were you i would have bought a team alba full exhaust since its the second best full ehxaust for the 660 and it only cost about 350-380$. i never cared much for that stupid looking exhaust with discs on the end like the ct.

Old 06-23-2006, 12:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a CT for 2 years, never had the endcap screws come loose once, and we removed it often for cleaning. Didn't even use loctite on it. The pipe is now on a friend's 660 and still working great.

I had excellent customer service from Allen, he just turned into a dink when I got my engine built to specifications other than his ideals. I sold the CT and haven't called back.

I was always very happy with the fit, performance and customer service from CT. If not for special circumstances (Allen's attitude, loss of power with custom midpipe, loyalty/deal with another party) I would still have it on my bike to this day.

Call and ask to talk to allen. Tell him you want a brand new pipe shipped out to you and a pre-paid packaging slip to send back the old one. If they won't give you that, ask for your money back assuming it was a recent purchase.