Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

best duning tires for a blaster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best duning tires for a blaster?

ok i am moving back to tucson and i nned spome paddles for dune trips with the family and friends that live there. i am looking at the cheng shing??? v blade 8 paddles. i can get them on stock rims used once for 40 lus shipping. it this a good deal or are they bad tires and should look at a different type i think for 49 bux and rims thats a good deal but what are some good paddles i can pull iwth my mods?

Old 07-02-2006, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

If the paddles are angles they should be good tires. If the paddles are straight you won't be able to turn, which would be all right if you was just drag racing and hill climbing. I think I have like GBC paddles. I don't understand though, are you able to get another pair for $49 dollars on a rims. If the pair for $49 dollars is on aluminum rims that would probably be the better buy, unless they are the .125 rims which won't hold up to jumping.

Old 07-03-2006, 04:20 AM
Pro Rider

my bad i messed up ok i can get the paddles (angles) for 40 dollars with rims used once plus shipping. i was asking should i not get those and buy different tires? would i be able to pull those with my mods fine?i do love to drag and climb huge hills but i want to highmark so i need to be able to turn. thanks what should i do? BTW i also love ot do huge jumps.

Old 07-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

Is it $40 dollars for both or one. New paddles on rims usually cost like $120. The angled paddles are good all around you can drag and hill climb fine with them. People usually run straight paddles if they have an underpowered quad, or are strictly competing in sand drags or hill climbs. A kid down the street, run angled paddles on his blaster. he has a toomey as well. I haven't been to the dunes in a couple of years. I didn't have the blaster than. I am planning a trip in the fall, I was hoping the blackwaters I have on the blaster will get it around.