Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

banshee front shocks on warrior

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default banshee front shocks on warrior

ok, i bought a banshee rear shock and it is a much better shock than the warrior rear. i'm wanting to somewhat upgrade the fronts temporarily. the banshee fronts are dual rate, so that is one benefit for a set of those. other than that, how are the stock banshee fronts? i will eventually get a set of elkas but would just like to improve the suspension until i can afford a set of those. ebay has quite a selection of fronts that can be picked up for a decent price. do you guys think they are worth the purchase? if i'm not mistaken, both the warrior and banshee fronts are 14 1/2. atleast that is what i've been told so there shouldnt be any issues with the ball joints. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

We put the Banshee front dual rate shocks on our Blaster which had the single rate shocks as stock, and it made a world of difference. That's even with +2 a arms (see pix).

Old 07-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

blaster looks sick!!! glad to hear the banshee shocks helped out. i know that the three quads are considered outdated (banshee, blaster and warrior) but it appears that the banshee has the best suspension out of all of them. sounds like the blaster might have the same, if not similar fronts as the warrior. did your ride height change much with the new shocks? the banshee made the rear sit a little bit higher, but my stock rear was totally shot so it could have been sitting lower than it should.

Old 07-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

I found a set of works banshee fronts on ebay. They fit on a warrior. They have since wore out. I seen on here people have put fronts from a 02 raptor and yzf 450. But on YFM central they say they will wear the ball joints out quicker, because they are longer. I put an 01 raptor shock on the rear of the wariior it raised the ride height, but improved ride quality.

Old 07-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: Boomer2
I found a set of works banshee fronts on ebay. They fit on a warrior. They have since wore out. I seen on here people have put fronts from a 02 raptor and yzf 450. But on YFM central they say they will wear the ball joints out quicker, because they are longer. I put an 01 raptor shock on the rear of the wariior it raised the ride height, but improved ride quality.
yeah, i've heard about the raptor fronts. actually all the 660 fronts will sort of work. the rear has to be an 01 if you want it to mount up without a problem. the banshee rear wasnt a problem except that it hit the bottom of the airbox. took a heat gun to it and fixed it.

i would like to stay away from the raptor fronts and especiall the yfz fronts. i've heard the raptor fronts are 15+ inches and the yfz's are even longer than that. i had the guy that i bought the rear banshee shock from measure his fronts and they were the same length as the warrior fronts. i think i'm gonna go ahead and pick up a set in the near future for my warrior. of course they arent elka's but they should be an improvement and are cheap.