Old 11-29-2000, 10:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI, the raptor got a bid.

Old 11-29-2000, 10:56 AM
Pro Rider

Au contraire, ArmyMan!

In no way do I denigrate the Plymouth Valiant, a truly noble beast. My only point was, the unfortunately unappreciated Valiant was not as easy to sell as, er, contemporaneous Ford Mustangs. (Actually, I would have named the front-drive Plymouths instead, if their model name had occurred to me; a better illustrative example in all respects.)

Who could forget the venerated slant-six, with its long, torque-inducing, ram-air intake manifold? The Plymouth slant six offered sufficient power, gobs or torque, and incredible economy and reliability.

Yet, the buying public, dumbed-down somewhat even then, didn't snap up Valiants like they snap up PT Cruisers, agreed? With PT Cruisers suddenly on the lot, impoverished MoPar dealers seem wont to raise a few schekels beyond list price, confirming your supply-and-demand paradigm.

Now, I believe you have me, Diogenes, confused with my colleague, Demosthenes. Demosthenes is the guy with the mouth full of rocks, elucidating down along the beach ("Surf's up!). (I'm the guy with the lantern.)

As to Thucydides' (colleague of Herodutus) adventures in traction, the controversy over "True Four-Hoof Drive" was never settled: do the horses' front legs merely coast, until the rear hooves slip? And, further, at any point in time, are ALL the horses' hooves clear of the ground simultaneously? (This last will require further study.)

Diogenes

Old 11-29-2000, 11:09 AM
Range Rover

CatLance,

You sir, have insulted me! Dennis Miller indeed! That offal-mouthed microcephalic nincompoop wouldn’t recognize Lysistrata if she bussed him on the cheek.

I much prefer to consider my screed a successor to the time-honored tradition of off-beat humor established by those paragons of comedic excess, Morris Howard, Lawrence Fine, and Jerome Howard.

Army Man

Old 11-29-2000, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Probably a shill!

Old 11-29-2000, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider

A Shill ? Anyways, I paid an extra 400 dollars thinking that if I bought the ATV from another state I could be exempt from Taxes. Well when I took the title to the notary to be transferred. They through a big 'NOT' up in my face. I have to pay them. Dang system. Dang taxes.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Eric, you just have to think a little harder! I did the same thing only I put it in my fiance name and now shes going to gift it to me for x-mas. So I wont have to pay any taxes its a gift.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

I just re-read that auction and @ the bottom she put. My loss is your gain. Ya OK you better reciprocate them nouns.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

A "shill" is commonly known as a person the seller puts in the crowd at an auction to start the bidding or to keep raising the bid in order to net the seller more money. The shill, acting for the seller, has no intention of actually buying the said item, his only intention is to raise the bid price.

Old 11-29-2000, 12:26 PM
Range Rover

Diogenes,

The Reliant was an unworthy successor to the Valiant. The last I heard all of the remaining front-drive K-cars were shipped to the inhabitants of North Star somewhere deep in the Minnesota wilds.

Modern high-speed stroboscopic photography, conducted by atom bomb flash as were the Norton Commando Isolastic Suspension ads of the early ‘70s, has conclusively proven that true “All-hoof” traction is a myth. The camera shows the front hooves slipping first due to overwhelming traction from the rear-drive components. This increase in rear traction is so great that the equestrian experiences a mild “wheelie” as the front hooves are propelled skyward. The rear tractive propulsion continues until the rear hooves also leave the ground resulting in a momentary period during which the equestrian is completely airborne.

Paris tried to wheelie Agamemnon’s horse but since Agamemnon had disregarded the CPSC guidelines about riding twenty-up, it had to towed back to town. This proved to be the Achilles’ heel for that model, and it was discontinued after only a brief production run. Had the manufacturer stood behind their product, instead of inside of it, Heinrich Schliemann would have remained an unknown to this day and the “Heinrich Manuever” never would have been invented.

Army Man

Old 11-29-2000, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

But still your fiance' bought the ATV. Ya it's a gift to you but she still has to pay taxes. Doesn't she? I mean you can't go to a store and buy a pair of jeans and say Hey it's a gift I don't have to pay taxes. If not your a little devil and next time I'll be growing some horns.

Quick Reply: Hope this Guy EATS his Raptor!