Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new warrior for me 87

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006 | 02:42 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default new warrior for me 87

Ok picked up my gift today...87 warrior. Its very beat and has been ridden fairly hard the past 18 years. Its pretty much all stock except for twist throtlle( which i would like to convert back to thumb) white bros e series slip on and a rebuilt carb 4 years ago with unkonwn jets. I need so much help with this i dont know where to start. It needs a new rear shock, maybe fronts too. I'm thinking a new carb as its hard to start and it runs lean and stalls out. ANY help as to where to stat or what should come first????? I'm a TIGHT and small budget. So used parts and ebay are fine just dont know what fits or can easily adapt to the 87. THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Old 08-28-2006 | 02:54 AM
Pro Rider

You can start out by stripping down the whole thing and giving it a bath... then....
Clean your air filter
Change the oil and filter (i like amsoil)
Yank your carb apart and see what jet sizes are in it
Clean the carb with carb cleaner
Make sure all your electrical connections are tight
Charge the battery (replace if needed)

You should be able to find used shock on ebay if not search the forum for warrior shock conversions, you might be able to run banshee or raptor shocks im not sure though

Welcome to the forums.

Old 08-28-2006 | 03:06 AM
|
Trailblazer

Thanks!! I plan on giving it really good cleaning, replacein the air filter, oil and the little stuff. i also plan on rewiring the whole thing and using larger wires where it matters. The battery is good. So any cother cross referances will help so far i found the 87's are are to find parts for. and if any body has used parts that will fit let me know, one more thing if i sanded down the plastic and repainted would it hold up??? New plastics are expensive!

Old 08-28-2006 | 05:06 AM
Pro Rider

np man. As for the paint holding up, depends on the quality of paint. I wouldnt count in it holding up, beings that it gets scraped and bent and kicked and all that kinda stuff. Best thing i can say for the parts is just keep checking ebay. If someone parts one out you might be able to pick up all new shocks cheap.