Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R

Hello Everyone!

I just bought a 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R last week and I love it! Is there many other 700R's on here? One question I have is with the stock exhaust I noticed it has a silencer...will taking the silencer out make any kind of a performance difference?

Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Chris

Old 09-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

YES but you could start a fire and **** people off with the sound, what youn should do is pull the airbox lid off and put pro design k%n or uni on, and than get a full exhaust with a moose power commander 3 and youl be set

Old 09-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

There is a product called a Phoenix system spark arrestor that is like 30.00 and works well if all you want to do is pull the baffle out. It does make an improvement but if you do that and remove the lid from the air box you could run lean, I know I did. I went with a PCIII USB and boy what a difference that made then when I added the GYT-R hi flow filter & adapter it really cam alive. If you never plan on adding a full exhaust then I would not waste my money on a slip on for the 700R. The stock muffler with the baffle removed a hi flow filter and an EFI controller like the dobeck TFI or the PCIII will run every bit as good when tuned right as one with the same mods and just a slip on in my opinion.

If you do plan on adding a full system down the road then I wouldn't worry about pulling the baffle and add in the phoenix sparky. There are lots of choices for exhaust sytems and controllers. The most popular choice for those on a budget that never plan on doing any internal mods or just a cam and higher comp piston later down the road is the HMF single exhaust full system with a dobeck TFI controller. You can find a package deal on those on ebay very resonable and get very good power.

If you do plan on doing future engine mods then I would get the PCIII and either a sparks single exhaust or the LTE duals if you want to get the best power & TQ possible over the broadest range.

Enjoy your new 700R !

Old 09-08-2006, 08:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think the new 700R Raptors will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. The new gadgets coming out for this beast will make it absolutely amazing. Call Rocket Factory and be finished. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
I think the new 700R Raptors will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. The new gadgets coming out for this beast will make it absolutely amazing. Call Rocket Factory and be finished. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
From what I have seen the Rocket Factory has 2 700R's that are a force to be reckoned with at any hill right now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think they will come to FSW this year loaded for bear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-08-2006, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

Buy the LTE's and a commander - DO NOT look back. The way I see it this is the best power for your money and IF you decided to go big later on these two will not need to be phased out or replaced by better pieces. LTE's work great on stock and built bikes and the PCIII is needed either way. Kens is getting like 52or53 hp out of the 700's with just the LTE's an intake kit and the PCIII(or similar).

IMO with exhaust you buy the best cause if you ever want more and the exhaust is lacking....you'll be buying the best and losing your investment in what you bought the first time.

Just my .02

Dave

Old 09-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

Congrats on the new quad man, I picked up a 06 700 a few months ago. I love it

Old 09-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: azdave
Buy the LTE's and a commander - DO NOT look back. The way I see it this is the best power for your money and IF you decided to go big later on these two will not need to be phased out or replaced by better pieces. LTE's work great on stock and built bikes and the PCIII is needed either way. Kens is getting like 52or53 hp out of the 700's with just the LTE's an intake kit and the PCIII(or similar).

IMO with exhaust you buy the best cause if you ever want more and the exhaust is lacking....you'll be buying the best and losing your investment in what you bought the first time.

Just my .02

Dave
That's the comination I have and I couldn't be happier with the performance for just a bolt on bike.
The only reason I listed some of the other options is that some people never do any more than a filter and slip on or don't want to spend 700.00 on an exhaust system. I agree with you though I always try to buy the best avalable.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the advise everyone, I think I will wait on the exaust for a bit as I over did myself cause I only planed on spending 4-5 thousand canadian for a 4 wheeler (raptor 660) and ended up payin 10 for a new 700R lol gotta spoil yourself you only live once!!! Had it out tonight for a top speed test and hit 130 km/h on it guess thats not bad for a 4 wheeler

Old 09-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Trailblazer

Mine is the 2006 model, but check the specs on mine. It beats a Honda 450 with the HRCkit mods. It is the best setup short of polishing, porting, and re boring the cylender. That is next on mine when and if this motor goes. It is awesome in the dunes. But i will never discount a 2 cycle banshee or anything else that is set up with NOX or set for drags up comp hill. 90 MPH straight up a 60 degree incline 600ft long is not what a raptor will ever do. But you will get much respect by pipe,intake, and a poer commander, Trust me. I did!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 2007 Yamaha Raptor 700R